FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By katya_dog1
I just wanted to put this up here. The light I bought is currently for sale at amazon for 65 bucks plus 15 shipping, so 80 total. Prices go up as stocks get lower, but they go down once they get a new shipment. This is a pretty barebones fixture, but it does its job very well.

The light comes with 6500k bulbs by default, but you can get 3000k bulbs on request. You might even be able to get them mixed if you ask nicely.

I'm not endorsed by this company in any way, it is simply a great light for a great price, and to me, that's worthy of a shout-out to them.

http://www.amazon.com/4lamps-DL844s-Flu ... dp_product
By Dematerialize
Thank you! Bookmarked for future purchase. :D

Do you have a shelving unit to put these on? Most of the one I've looked at aren't big enough to have one of these on each level. Might have to hang it above and have smaller ones on each level.
By katya_dog1
Dematerialize wrote:Thank you! Bookmarked for future purchase. :D

Do you have a shelving unit to put these on? Most of the one I've looked at aren't big enough to have one of these on each level. Might have to hang it above and have smaller ones on each level.
The outside dimensions of the reflector are 13 x 48. If you can get a shelf that big, this thing will fit. I just built mine out of PVC, for the time when I get another grow light. But I didn't spend any money on my setup, I had the wood and PVC laying around.

If I had a lot of plants, and was going to buy three of these, I'd build my shelves out of PVC and plywood, since that way I could build in the space for fans, humidifiers, and whatever else I'd need.
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!