FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By Jds
Hey guys,
I can ensure you all that the seeds from aliexpress are definitely fake.
I wasted approx 20$ in getting Vft seeds from aliexpress sellers (3 of them), (I hadn't joined the forum at that time) :cry:
All of them have good reviews regarding shipping,but there is no review on authenticity of seeds. :x
When I germinated the seeds,I came to know that 2 of them were baby's tear plant.
Third one never germinated.
None of the seller sells genuine seeds but they will try to convince us by telling "hey buddy,have patience,they will germinate........ and keep on saying that till purchase protection ends and later we come to know that the seller fooled us.
You will also observe that they sell in large quantities at very low prices which isn't possible.(100 seeds for 0.7$ or
350 seeds for 2.5$ or 500 or 1000 seeds for 12$ etc).

Title and words used for selling these fake seeds:-
"GIANT CLIP BONSAI SEEDS"
"POTTED INSECTIVOROUS PLANT SEEDS"
"CORDYCEPS"
"100%genuine"
These are for vft.
Nowadays they sell counterfeit Sarracenia and drosera,lithops and many more too!
Droseras will have blue coloured leaves, lol!
Lithops having rabbit ears.
Any many more photoshop effects.

They are easy to identify but even then we get fooled since we think that "price is low,so I should try once".
So I would recommend never to buy seeds from them and waste money and never ask the seller whether the seeds are genuine or not,if you ask then they will convince that the seeds are genuine.
So I request you all to avoid buying from them.
Jds, Jds liked this
By katya_dog1
The problem is the product. That site goes by feedback, and if people are only reviewing shipping on the seeds, it won't matter.

Anyone reading this thread: Only buy from trusted Ebay sellers or online CP stores. Always contact the seller first to make sure they know what they're doing if you do buy off Ebay. Never buy from China.

Sub-par grammar in the listing is generally a pretty good indicator of how bad the seller will be.
Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!