FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By tader
So I have tried and I have successfully saved my vfts... so I decided to try my hand at growing them my self I have the moss and 4 diff type of carnivorous plants seedlings (I have spent $35 on everything so if I fail not a whole lot lost ) my question is do I need to wait to plant them or can I go ahead and plant them despite the season about to change?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
By hollyhock
Congratulations.. I just started some vft seeds a couple of days ago. Indoors under artificial light because I want them to be six or seven months old by spring so I can put them outside. I followed this link as a reference guide. Good luck to you :D
https://www.flytrapcare.com/growing-ven ... -from-seed
By tader
SerMuncherIV wrote:
tader wrote:4 diff type of carnivorous plants seedlings
Seedlings, or seeds? And what type of CP?
Seeds sorry lol I have some of the red vft, a mix up of diff sundew, trumpets, Drosera capensis "broadleaf" they looked intresting... so I'm excited to see how this turns out

By SerMuncherIV
"trumpets" - I'm assuming you mean Sarracenia. The D. capensis and other sundews (assuming they're not temperate species) can be sown immediately. Sarracenia must be stratified before sowing; some people also recommend stratifying Dionaea, but I've never found a need for that.

Growing CPs from seed is a long, drawn-out process that requires patience, commitment, and (sometimes) a bit of skill. It's generally recommended for beginners to purchase adult plants first - it'll take you around 3-5 years to get a mature Sarracenia or Dionaea from seed.
By Earthy
Cause they grow so stinkin' slow lol!!! But it's well worth the experience and journey from seed to plant :)
By tader
Like I said if I fail it's just over 35 dollars that was spent in the long run not a whole lot lost as I was able to get about 300 seeds for about $20 so I don't think I did too awful bad

Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!