FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By Benurmanii
I harvested the seeds from my burmannii's flower stalk and plopped them into what I had (both pots are about a 50/50 peat-perlite mix). I keep the pots moist, without a bag over the top, and outside with the same sun that my burmannii currently gets. I read that sand is preferable, so I placed a few seeds in my burmannii's current pot. I a few in my slackii's pot, which however does have moss over the top. I don't know if those seeds will really develope well, especially since I top water them (with drops from a spray bottle and sippy-cup) and I don't know if the seeds could have gotten washed off. Though if I fudged this one, I noticed my burmannii is sending up a second flower stalk so I should be able to have another go at it.
Attachments:
image.jpg
image.jpg (581.47 KiB) Viewed 1919 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (823.67 KiB) Viewed 1919 times
By hollyhock
I can only speak from my own experience. I would say fairly easy since they sprouted in every pot where I didn't even sow any seeds. I have read that they tend to be a weed plant but they are one of my favorites.
Attachments:
IMG_20150817_201631_895.jpg
IMG_20150817_201631_895.jpg (438.19 KiB) Viewed 1904 times
By ps3isawesome
This plant is so hardy it's crazy. It literally sits in more than 8 hours of direct sun in 80-90 and is unaffected.

I just tap the seed pots and look what happens? Esp the lower right hand corner of the pot.

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!