FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Benurmanii
Anyone else notice little funnel webs among some of your plants? I've seen them towards the rhizome of my sarracenia, and even inbetween the leaves of my B. reducta. Sometimes I even see a few strands of web between the leaves of my D. capensis! Oddly enough, the spider (I'm assuming wolf spider from the shape of the web) never seems to get caught by the sundew, but I never see the little guy(s?) in the webs they build. They don't seem to get eaten by anything except for my VFTs, which I'm assuming they accidentally fall prey to when trying to build webs in (though I can't really tell from the carcasses, most of the spiders caught by my King Henry seem to be crab spiders).

Are some spiders "immune" to the sticky dew from the sundews? I know that some don't slip and fall into sarracenia, and I read an article talking about the competition between wolf spiders and sundews, so now I'm curious about your experiences with the mysterious little dudes.
By Earthy
I just have small ones that build webs in my flytraps and my Neps. they just sit there like "eh" lol...
By cdelavan
Yes I have lots of spiders living among my plants. They form a type of symbiotic relationship with carnivorous plants. Also sometimes the spiders are not careful and end up becoming a meal for my flytraps.
Drosera germination time

What Chef Dean said... But if I had to pick a num[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!