FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By bombsboy
Hi guys I'm finally back from not posting for... let me see... something like 2 years? :D
DOES ANYONE REMEMBER MEEEEE??? :oops:

Haha anyways, since this community has grown, I do realize that there are several members in the Southern California area. It would be cool to have a casual "Club" and meet up to discuss carnivorous plant matters, and showcase some of our prized plants. We could discuss the activities later, but who could attend such a club? I'm thinking meetups can be very flexible, and can be as frequent as once a week, or as spread out as once every 2 months.
Whos in?
If you think you can join such a club, can you please post the city in California you live in? I am currently in Orange city, right next to Anahiem, where Disneyland is.
I did have a So-Cal Carnivorous plant society group going, but we never really met up or anything, so I'm thinking this would be awesome. We could do things like tissue culturing activities, plant observation, etc. Things Carnivorous plant lovers / novice researchers such as I would enjoy. Plus if you are in High-school or College, this would be a good opportunity to join a regional club. :mrgreen:

Thanks again to those who would like to join, read my post, and share it.
And to those who remember me! ;)

~Bombsboy
bombsboy liked this
By Eric
I'm in! :D Maybe we can have field trips to the LACPS meetings every once in a while.
By dantt99
I'm too far, but good luck with the club, and welcome back to the forum!
By bombsboy
Shameless self bump :(

I would love to start something, but we need more members!
I like your Idea Eric.
HI DANTT :D
CPHunter: It would be cool if you can occasionally drop by if this happens.
By CPHunter
bombsboy wrote:
I would love to start something, but we need more members!
for now you should wait, i am pretty sure there is other cp growers here in so-cal
bombsboy wrote: CPHunter: It would be cool if you can occasionally drop by if this happens.
i am not sure my mom would let me :oops: :cry:
By HKreymann
I been looking for something like this for a while. People nearby who have got CP-itus... I live in Laguna Beach,I have a couple outdoor minibogs as well as a couple indoor terrariums. I have too many CP's to list them all right now but my favorite lately has been Nepenthes. i also have quite alot of seeds as well, i have been a meber of ICPS for years and always pick up seeds through their member exchange. Anyways, I hope this group grows and look forward to it...
By bombsboy
HKreymann wrote:I been looking for something like this for a while. People nearby who have got CP-itus... I live in Laguna Beach,I have a couple outdoor minibogs as well as a couple indoor terrariums. I have too many CP's to list them all right now but my favorite lately has been Nepenthes. i also have quite alot of seeds as well, i have been a meber of ICPS for years and always pick up seeds through their member exchange. Anyways, I hope this group grows and look forward to it...
Good to hear! And I do notice that it is one of your first posts, so welcome to FlyTrapCare! :mrgreen:
Hopefully we can get this thing going! Tell your friends everyone!!!
By aaa61
Maybe I could join but i live in like San Gabriel :( but lacps isnt that far.
By nepanther
This hasn't been replied to in a while so i'm not sure what the status is but I live in socal (ish) and I'd be more than down to meet up with other growers!
By Hyenafan
I live in Sherman Oaks. I would love to be able to meet up with other people. I wanted to go to the LACPS meeting, but it was a bit too far.
By iamjacksplants
I'm game! Sign me up! I'm in lovely San Bernardino.. try not to hold it against me.. anyhow I've been looking for something like this. The original post is pretty old but I see at LEAST one recent post...

Come on guys..

Cheers,
-@.

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!