FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By HeliamphoraWalnut
So recently I went on a trip to Switzerland, (I don't live in Europe ), and stayed in zurich. I went to the botanicle gardens and they had carnivorous bromeliads, flowering Heliamphora, cephalotus, and even a corkscrew plant!( genlisea?), I went inside the green house and they had more heliamphoras and a couple of flytraps, and Mexican butterworts and sarracenia. After I saw this, the US's carnivorous plant botanicle gardens seemed kind of sad..... Like at the balboa gardens, they had ONE freakin' sarracenia. And it was half dead!
Sorry for all this long text. :?
By nimbulan
I recently visited the Oregon Garden, which I believe is the largest botanical garden in Oregon. They had a very small bog with 6 or so very spindly Sarracenia outdoors, and a terrarium full of Sarracenia and flytraps inside the tropical greenhouse of all places. All of those plants surprisingly looked much healthier. They didn't even have a single Darlingtonia, which we have a state park dedicated to.
Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Cool. Thank you.

The only suggestion I have is to watch the new gro[…]

What’s happening

Im not sure how strong the grow lights are but t[…]

Just under two weeks left in the contest and here […]

Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!