FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By Hyenafan
So I went to Armstrong's looking for Living Stone and Topsoil for some succulents that are probably in peat and I found mini bogs!!!! Usually they don't have any carnivorous plants this time of year, so I was really surprised.

I got this one specifically because of all of those little sundews and it was the only one that didn't look like it had an infestation of...something. They were tiny light green things. They didn't look like aphids because I didn't see legs and they didn't move. Not sure what they were though. I'm still keeping them away from my other plants for a while though.

There was also a much larger pitcher plant that they had there but it was a few dollars more and it was just the one plant. It was huge though. It looked like it was the same as the one here.

I really shouldn't have bought it though.

I don't know if anyone here likes Invader Zim. Jhonen Vazquez, Steven Universe, Ponies, or Powerpuff Girls, but I'm doing commissions for Artist Trading Cards. I'll also draw plants, but they might be more cartoon-y than super realistic.
By SerMuncherIV
"Octopus Plant", what next? I dislike how these companies don't even try to get a temperate Drosera that might have a chance of surviving in that planter. It's depressing to think that all bogs such as these in the hands of an inexperienced grower are doomed to death within the year...
By Earthy
that, and not only does the VFT look like it's planted a bit too deep, but that looks like straight peat moss :-/
By Hyenafan
Yeah, it probably is. When it gets cooler I'm going to start moving the tiny seedlings out (not really sure how yet) and sell them I guess. I don't know what else I'd do with over 10 sundews. Then I'll get the bigger plants out of there. It's just too hot right now and I need money to get more perlite. I think they'll be okay until then.
By Hyenafan
Just checked on the seedlings. Some of them are getting bigger. Not all of them though.

I might start moving some of them out in a couple of days or so. I'm not really sure how I'm go to do it yet. They're so tiny.

And I keep pulling those little weeds out and more keep coming.

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Drosera germination time

Re: germination time, I got some d. madagascariens[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!