FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Andrew9087
Anyone selling nepenthes hamata seedlings or seeds?
Pm me if so
Need to add to my collection :D
Last edited by Andrew9087 on Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By AaaaNinja
All known hamata in cultivation are clones of the same four plants which are all male, so no hamata seeds are possible.
By sflynn1
AaaaNinja wrote:All known hamata in cultivation are clones of the same four plants which are all male, so no hamata seeds are possible.
Actually there are lots of seed grown hamata's in cultivation (relatively), and one of the common four clones is actually female I believe.
By katya_dog1
sflynn1 wrote:
AaaaNinja wrote:All known hamata in cultivation are clones of the same four plants which are all male, so no hamata seeds are possible.
Actually there are lots of seed grown hamata's in cultivation (relatively), and one of the common four clones is actually female I believe.
"Unless someone who has flowered the plants personally reports on the subject of sexing the individual clones, it's all hearsay and anecdote."

~ quote from Paul Barden
By sflynn1
katya_dog1 wrote:
sflynn1 wrote:
"Unless someone who has flowered the plants personally reports on the subject of sexing the individual clones, it's all hearsay and anecdote."

~ quote from Paul Barden
Funny thing is Paul was the one who flowered the female hamata from Wistuba :lol:
By katya_dog1
I'm repeating what Paul told me just a week or so ago when I asked the exact same question. Unless he lied, or forgot or something, IDK. You can see the entire thread on TF.

And here you go. http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showt ... -2-3-and-4
By katya_dog1
SerMuncherIV wrote:I believe clone 2 has been confirmed female now, Wistuba says it himself on his website.
Interesting. Link?
By SerMuncherIV
Oops, sorry about that, I made a mistake, it's NOT on his website, I just checked and my source was wrong...TF member Heli says that Wistuba says clone 2 is female, and I've tried emailing Wistuba about it, but he never seems to respond...

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showt ... hes-hamata
By katya_dog1
I noticed Paul mentioned on his blog that he thought his was a Wistuba clone, but said there was no way to be sure so he wasn't going to make a definitive answer, basically.

I do hope someone eventually finds out, as I think it would be cool to be able to buy clones knowing that they were female or male. In some ways, I wish Nepenthes weren't strictly male and female plants, but I must admit it adds yet more personality to that fascinating genus of Carnivorous Plant. :)
By kronos1996
The trouble with these tricky plants is they rarely if ever flower in cultivation making seed collecting incredibly difficult. If you pollinate a head of seeds you would be rich beyond your wildest dreams... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!