FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By KissMegan
Great point RL (I don't know your name haha) I love plant friends (not just to get stuff) but to learn. And you're totally right giving and trading is part of what makes this hobby so great. I live in a city where I think there's 3 CP growers total and I probably have the largest collection.
I actually just joined a few more forums (forums were a new thing to me last year so I've mostly been on this one) and I've already made some new friends and learned a lot. But you're completely right about networking :)
By SgtSarracenia
You are welcome to join us at the LACPS. Our next meeting is April 18 at the greenhouse at Cal State Fullerton. There is also a San Diego group trying to get together in which I am trying to do what i can from my area to help them out with. PM me for contact info.
By KissMegan
thijs wrote:I think I actually bought from him. Not a very positive experience so far. First of all, it felt really stingy with the amount of seeds for the cash. 6-10 seeds, that was it. And up to now I see no movement whatsoever. Nothing sprouting yet. I still hope, but I think I'm fooling myself.

At the same time I ordered from a seller in Indonesia and got 6 full pods of seeds. For the about the same or less cash (can't remember exactly). This translated to a bit too much seeds I though at first. But now I have a dozen actually sprouted from that. Very happy there, especially as it should be a plant I've really wanted to have (albomarginata).

So... not positive. It might still work out, but I doubt it. I must admit I sowed a few weeks later than the ones from Indonesia, so it might just be that I need some more patience.

At any rate, at the germination rate normal for Nep seeds (as I understand it), I'm now thinking you should at least get more than 6-10 seeds. That's cutting it a bit close.
Any luck with the seeds?
By thijs
KissMegan, very late reply, but nope, nothing.

I still have the seeding tray untouched below my grow rack, but really only because I'm not trying to sprout anything else at the moment and I'm too lazy to clean it all up.

As soon as I have other seeds I want to grow it'll go.
By YaronR
I managed to contact the seller through amazon, but other then a brief response that he doesn't have a phisical store, I didn't get anything from him. Ebay messages were ignored. I couldn't tell if he is legit or not.
Up to you if you want to take the cance.

Sent from my phone, so sorry for mistakes.
By David F
Petar Kostov from Bulgaria sells Drosophyllum and Regia seeds on Ebay, he's extremely reliable and his seeds are highly viable due to the great care he takes while the plants are in flower.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/petar_kostov?_t ... 7675.l2559

As far as everyone else, well I couldn't say :)
By Jds197
David F wrote:Petar Kostov from Bulgaria sells Drosophyllum and Regia seeds on Ebay, he's extremely reliable and his seeds are highly viable due to the great care he takes while the plants are in flower.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/petar_kostov?_t ... 7675.l2559

As far as everyone else, well I couldn't say :)
I've talked to Petar a litte on facebook, I haven't purchased anything from him yet but since he has regia in stock I think I'm going to give it a shot.
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!