FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By fattytuna
Jds wrote:Awesome images especially I love those with black background.
Isn't the image size more than 2mb,if yes how do you upload,will Dropbox work?
Thanks everybody :)
The jpegs are about 7 mb each. I upload the images onto Flickr and then link them in. They're hosted on flickr.
By fattytuna
tish wrote:Those photos are very nice. Are the plants under your care? I bought some tubers and waiting to sow them in the right season. But will be indoor setup.

Sent from my SM-N9005
No, unfortunately I've lost interest in the hobby. I currently only have one D. admirabilis, capensis broad leaf, capensis bainskloof seedlings and some pygmies alive. Watering them became difficult in the summer as my rain water collection mechanism failed and the plants dried out... It turns out that the tap water in my area is soft enough to use without treatment (only found that out recently after watering the windowsill Drosera exclusively on tap water without rinsing out for several months). Maybe I'll get back to CPs one day. Aquariums are my obsession now lol

I'm fortunate enough to live in a place where I can find an abundance of sundews within walking distance or a short drive from my house. D. peltata and related species (auriculata, lunata etc) are probably the most common sundew around Sydney. They're often found in habitats that are bone dry in summer but moist in winter such as shallow moss mats or surface soils. Not too sure about indoor setup conditions though, I've never kept tuberous sundews.
By fattytuna
ruruanta wrote:Great macro pics!
Looks like you dont have to buy drosera anymore, lucky you! :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. They're always healthier in the wild than in my collection anyway. It's amazing, the Drosera spatulata are the most vivid reds, the Drosera binata grow massive (foot long leaves with 16 points), D. peltata grows so thick and closely together.
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!