FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

Online magazine pool

I choose both of them (Matt and Leah) as Editor-in-chief
13%
I choose Matt as Editor-in-chief
3%
I choose Leah as Editor-in-chief
3%
Someone else be as Editor-in-chief
10%
We want a anual almanac
No votes
0%
We want a bianual almanac
13%
We want a montly magazine
10%
The magazine should appear 3 times per year
16%
The magazine can have up to 10 pages
13%
The magazine can have more than 10 pages
19%
By katya_dog1
One small question: Who writes the articles? Obviously some people are going to know more about some types of plants than others. And what about pictures? Are those put in as well?

That was three questions actually. Two more: I assume that the content will be things such as tests as to feeding of plants, etc.? And next, should there be another person as second in command editor if Whoever the editor is gets bogged down? For instance, Matt and Leah have a lot of work to do running FTS. If it gets to be too much, Will there be a person to take over until they can get back to it?

Thanks for any answers! I do realize that how often the magazine appears will make a difference for how much work there is to do.

This is a really good idea, I hope it works well!
By David F
I would help the preliminary editing of a magazine.

The articles could be written by members and submitted to magazine writers.

I could also help categorizing and formatting, as well as working on other projects.
Let's not lay all the work on the store owners, it's the community that's going to make this happen, not Matt and Leah.

@Katya a magazine writers takes stories from members and organizes/assembles them in an interesting way. They form a story with the articles submitted to them by members. Essentially the person writing the magazine would be like a journalist for a newspaper, not necessarily including that style or formatting.

I imagine the content to be somewhat fly trap care forum related, and somewhat carnivorous plants as a whole (other forums, plant discoveries, new CP vendors, CP experiments [regarding soil, feeding, etc.]).

Tish, I know you started this and expect Matt and Leah to do the editing, but that's not realistic.

If this were to go down we'd need some one who could make it visually coherent, I'm not great with that so hopefully some one with that kind of background can chime in.

I can conduct necessary interviews with members also.

-David F
By drtd
My wife went to school for journalism with a strong emphasis in design and layout. I'm sure I could (politely) ask her for help :-) We already have all of the necessary software to organize and arrange everything.
By roarke
drtd wrote:My wife went to school for journalism with a strong emphasis in design and layout. I'm sure I could (politely) ask her for help :-) We already have all of the necessary software to organize and arrange everything.
I have send you a message.

id just leave it on its own and itll either sort i[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!