FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By Housemd
It's sort of cold where I live now. Its the summer but today is sort of breezy and I am wondering if I should put my plant outside today. How does my plant look? here's a few pics of it. please let me know if it looks happy or not. I don't know how it looks. I think it's trying to grow 2 more flowers after i cut the stalk off the one I cut a few days ago. What should i do? should i leave them? should i cut them? Thanks so much for the help. :) If you need/want me to take more pics to better understand what's going on feel free to ask and tell me at what part/angle to take the pic. I know i'm not the best picture taker ever.
what is happening to the traps?
what is happening to the traps?
IMG_0147.JPG (306.34 KiB) Viewed 1962 times
How does the plant look in terms of health?
How does the plant look in terms of health?
IMG_0129.JPG (209.41 KiB) Viewed 1962 times
By Housemd
I water it everyday. am i giving it too much water? should i get rid of the black on the plant?
By Matt
It looks like the peat moss it is planted in was never thoroughly saturated prior to potting. You might try submerging the entire pot in a bowl of water or bucket so that it gets saturated.

After that, you'll only need water it when the soil is just damp.
By stitz25b
Needs way more light, long thing green leaves means its not getting enough light
By Housemd
How do i do that? its been cloudy here. should i try artificial light? if so, what would you recommend i try? I don't know what to look for in terms of grow lights. there's so many kinds out there. I don't know what to do to help at this point. I looked for plant lights but I don't know what is good for Venus flytraps. There's white and blue ones or something. I don't know what to get or how far away to put the light and things like that. If anyone has some ideas, i'm open to advice. thanks so much for your help in advance. I really appreciate all the help.
Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!