FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By KissMegan
Well 2 rather..
I never thought making a box would be so much work!
I'm almost done, tomorrow I put the legs on and then I just need to make it look pretty...er.
I'm not crazy about the color, but after like 3 stops to home depot getting even worse colors because they never look like they actually do, I settled!
The obligatory selfie in box

If there's any questions on how I made them or whatever feel free to ask, I'll post the finished product hopefully this week :)
By Bristol
Nice job Megan, are you going to place the box outside or keep it inside the greenhouse? Great idea......

Love your drosera gemmae posted on your plant blog.....I had one helis and two pots of drosera gemmae growing well down there in National City, but I lost them when my Grandma accidentally watered all of my plants with hose-tap water....I tried to grow gemmae again as well as other drosera's, but I still can't seem to keep'em alive...............
By KissMegan
I have an empty room I'm going to put the boxes in haha. It's gonna be my plant room :D

Gosh that's such a bummer to hear about your granny watering with tap :( I'd be so sad haha
Hmmm are you growing your pygmy sundew outside? I noticed when I moved some of mine out doors too quickly they died back a bunch. Did you mean national city in sd?
By ruruanta
Nice work, keep posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By earlgrey
The moisture won't affect the wood? Just wondering
By KissMegan
earlgrey wrote:The moisture won't affect the wood? Just wondering
I'm using anti water sealant thing haha I can get the name for you :) so hopefully it won't. I suppose we'll see :D
By earlgrey
Oh! Didn't that existed.... I had plans for making my own, but the moisture part swayed me away. Time to hit the toolbox!
By KissMegan
ImageImageImage
Officially finished with the hard stuff! Now I just need to finish painting them :)
I may put another fan in both because the single computer fans don't feel quite strong enough to me.
I left the tray of water in there to see if I should invest in a mini humidifier or not.
Hopefully tomorrow I'll be finished with the painting Image Image
By Bristol
OK I see it, pretty cool and great work, and nice craftsmanship........ If I may kindly add.....foodservicedirect.com has some sizable trays that may fit with-in your box. (18" x 26") My son used a smaller tray for his Tornado Chamber Project to keep the water off the bottom.

http://www.foodservicedirect.com/produc ... c-Tray.htm
My sundew isn’t eating!

Hi guys here are my baby sundews now! Please like![…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!