FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Nancy
Who would like some Sar seedlings? Seeds came from California Carnivores and germinated last September. I only want to keep a few of each-the rest need homes. I can send them using USPS small flat rate or USPS priority (box size depends on how many you want) My zip is 53158 if someone wants all of them. Just pay me for shipping and they're yours! ;)
PM me if your interested.

S. Flava var. Cuprea
S. Flava var Cuprea
S. Flava var Cuprea
DSC02398.JPG (125.87 KiB) Viewed 4245 times
S. Alata Red Lid
S. Alata Red Lid
S. Alata Red Lid
DSC02399.JPG (97.31 KiB) Viewed 4245 times
S. Oreophila Sand Mtn.
S. Oreophila Sand Mtn
S. Oreophila Sand Mtn
DSC02400.JPG (85.55 KiB) Viewed 4245 times
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Morpheus
If someone wants the oreophila seedlings you will have to pay for the shipping yourself, or include them in an order as a gift. To my understanding, CITES restrictions prohibits the sale/trade/whatever of species under its protection for any sort of exchange. In other words, you have to give them away without any sort of currency or compensation. Sorry :/
By Drone232
I live in Sand Mountain so I think that it is appropriate that I own the Sand Mt. Sarracenia. How much would the cost of shipping be?
By katya_dog1
great giveaway! I'm sure you will make someone very happy with those Oreo seedlings. :)
By dadathor
Hey how are you? I would like one or two if you still have any. How much would it be to ship two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By David F
Pm'd
By Nancy
Morpheus wrote:If someone wants the oreophila seedlings you will have to pay for the shipping yourself, or include them in an order as a gift. To my understanding, CITES restrictions prohibits the sale/trade/whatever of species under its protection for any sort of exchange. In other words, you have to give them away without any sort of currency or compensation. Sorry :/
Really?? What am I suppose to do with all these seedlings lol?
By Morpheus
You can still give them away :) You just have to cover shipping charges yourself.. The only way CITES retricted material can be moved out of state is be free giveaway only. No shipping payments can be sent to receive a CITES plant from another state.
By Morpheus
Nancy wrote:Well I'm generous but not that generous to foot the bill for shipping to several different people-sorry folks. :(
So that being said, if anyone wants the Flava's and/or Alata's, PM me please.
Sorry, I hate to burst your bubble like that! At least now you'll have extra plants to grow out and giveaway later when they are larger and you can pick out your favorite clones!
Daniel_G wrote:Can you not get around the CITES restrictions by stating it is a cultivated plant?
Sadly no. A certain permit is required to ship them out of state whether through trade or sale. I understand why the regulations are in place but I don't quite agree as to how strict they are. I would love to buy some S. oreophila, S. jonesii, and S. alabamensis specimens from certain people/vendors but I cannot. Mike Wang, has some beautiful oreos that I would love to get my hands on, but he doesn't have the permits to sell outside of California. Oh well it is what it is, and it helps dissuade some poachers
By Nancy
What gets me is why are seeds of S.Oreophila being sold? And they should be disclosing the CITES regulations before selling them to the uninformed (such as myself)
I only wanted a few of each type since I don't have a lot of growing space. **sighs**
Thank you Morpheus for giving me heads up before someone official comes knocking on my door :shock:
Not what you would expect...

But, of course. It’s always good to have one[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Ah, an Xtreem "purpurea". My favorite nu[…]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

This was pulled out of dormancy last week. I did n[…]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

I believe you're right, there appears to be some s[…]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!