FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By chevyguy8893
It's always a good day when new plants arrive :D. I order from two different suppliers Native Exotics and Cook's Carnivores. This is my second time ordering from Native Exotics, and, as expected, the plants were shipped promptly, well packed, and arrived healthy. As for Cook's Carnivores, this was my first order. These plants were also well packed, shipped out in a timely fashion, and arrived healthy with the tall pitchers intact. In both cases I was happy with the communication.

I took advantage of the sale Native Exotics has going to get a couple of plants, and as a promotional bonus I got a third plant for free.
1) Heliamphora chimantensis from Chimantá Tepuis: Clone 3, a tissue cultured by Andreas Wistuba
2) Nepenthes burbidgeae x campanulata: Seed grown plant from Borneo Exotics
3) Nepenthes truncata: The bonus plant, a seed grown plant imported from Exotica Plants

The Cook's Carnivores order was for a couple of Sarracenia to add to my stock tank bog.
1) Sarracenia leucophylla x S. flava "red lip" [MK H88] from Baker, Florida
2) Sarracenia (flava x purpurea var. purpurea) x S. leucophylla

ImageHeliamphora chimantensis by Adam B., on Flickr

ImageNepenthes burbidgeae x campanulata by Adam B., on Flickr

ImageNepenthes burbidgeae x campanulata by Adam B., on Flickr

ImageNepenthes truncata by Adam B., on Flickr

ImageSarracenia leucophylla x S. flava "red lip" [MK H88] by Adam B., on Flickr

ImageSarracenia (flava x purpurea var. purpurea) x S. leucophylla by Adam B., on Flickr

ImageSarracenia (flava x purpurea var. purpurea) x S. leucophylla by Adam B., on Flickr
By katya_dog1
Everything looks great! What are the costs for shipping from Native Exotics, and how do you plan to keep the N. Truncata and your other Nepenthes?
By chevyguy8893
For this order it was $10.50, but I think shipping starts at $9.50 for USPS priority. During the winter it goes up some to include a heat pack, which is how I got my first plant last year.

Both of the new neps are taking the place of one of the N. x ventrata I had in my terrarium. So they will be in the same conditions I have been keeping my helis in. Though I will have to think about what to do when the N. truncata gets too big.
By katya_dog1
Oh, so I assume you are keeping them in highland/semi-highland conditions? Or are the Heliamphora you have more tolerant of the warmer day/night temps?

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!