FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By altemar
So i just found a mealy bug on one of my plants. I only saw that one and killed it. Does it mean the plant might be infected? I checked the rest of my plants and none show any signs. Im thinking of uprooting all my plants inspect them and repot them in new soil. You guys think thats a good strategy? Or what do you guys suggest? :cry: im so sad my plants are doing amazing getting great coloration.but i do know mealy bugs can be deadly to plants.
By altemar
Matt wrote:
altemar wrote:Im thinking of uprooting all my plants inspect them and repot them in new soil.
No need to uproot them. Just spray them with an insecticide.
Any suggestions besides neem? I uave them in my room so i dont think the smell will go well with my fam or pets. Im hoping it only got that one recently so i will quarantine that one plant and keep an eye on the rest
By KissMegan
An imidacloprid based systemic should do the job. If you uproot them you'll probably find mealybugs in the root systems but that's just stressing the plant more. Get a good systemic and that should do the job :)
KissMegan liked this
By Feline56565
I used regular olive oil to kill an aphid infestation on my sundew just applied with a q-tip and on and under the leaves worked great for me.
By KissMegan
Feline56565 wrote:I used regular olive oil to kill an aphid infestation on my sundew just applied with a q-tip and on and under the leaves worked great for me.
Mealybugs can be a bit more tricky and aggressive in comparison to aphids :( I don't think simply using olive oil will work
KissMegan liked this
By altemar
It seems like they caught it from my plumeria. I had them close to it and just observed that the plumeria has them. Oh well.
Unkown sarracenia

I got these sarracenia from sarracenia northwest a[…]

worm in substrate?

Found this in with my seedlings.. is it a worm?

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!