FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By JPowell490
Sorry for the late replies, been busy. In case you didn't see this other post I will put it here.

Getting ready to move these into the grow tent. Thought I would post a few pics. Sarracenia Oreophila. <br /><br />ImageImageImageImageImage<br />
By JPowell490
Going to give this a shot. I have a couple of these totes stacked on one another. In the soil tote, I have about 25 drilled holes in the bottom. Lining the bottom under the soil is a weed cloth liner to keep the soil from sifting out through the holes.<br /><br />This will also help with moisture retention. I have 6 small flower pots turned upside down to support the soil tote. These pots are carved to allow water flow. I also have two pumps to circulate water in opposite directions. <br /><br />Airflow is accomplished in the Gorilla Grow Tent. I also have a custom made rainfall system that simulates weather and cloud cover inside of the tent. This is part of a much bigger initiative, I will get into that later haha. <br /><br />Image<br />
By KissMegan
Hey there, I'm glad I saw this thread, I was about to buy some more T5s for a 30x24 grow chamber. If I were to get the Kessil H150, should I be getting the purple and the blue? Or just the purple? It looks so small, I'm surprised it covers such a large diameter
Oops edit: I guess it's the 380 that has the large diameter. So would a single 150 suffice or should I get more than one?
By JPowell490
Megan,

Get the H150 purple. If you want to PM me I may be able to get you a better deal.

Dematerialize, that light is a Chinese made led, they talk a big game and it may do just for basic lighting, but for that price you could just about get a Kessil H150 purple and have 20 times the quality of light.

Sent using my Galaxy S6 edge
By sss
JPowell490 wrote:A few new Purchases :)

Wish I had $2,000 to throw at lighting lol.
By JPowell490
Tish and sss,

I will do an unboxing as soon as I can. I also want to show at least one of my Gorilla grow tents.

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!