FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By kronos1996
My collection is growing too quickly for gallons of distilled water I need a mor permanent solution. Any suggestions of Water hose attachments to keep it under 50 parts per million?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By YaronR
Test your water TDS at home first. If it is ok, that's the cheapest.
If not, I purchased a simple RO system I installed under my sink. It's 50 galons per day, and suits me.
It ia very easy to install.
The runoff you can have draining to regular lawn, even with the higher consintration of solids in it.
By Jaws
Blimey i thought youd have really hard water up there in Sheffield.
(you dechlorinate it first ?)
What is your TDS just out of interest ?

70 ppm here tap water.
Daniel_G wrote:Have you ever tested your water on plants? My tap water works perfectly :D
By Daniel_G
Jaws wrote:Blimey i thought youd have really hard water up there in Sheffield.
(you dechlorinate it first ?)
What is your TDS just out of interest ?
Quite the opposite, the water here is amazing! :D Never tasted any as good. Not like the stuff they get in Bristol... That stuff is nasty as.
Never tested the TDS of it. Just started watering my plants from the hose and never stopped :mrgreen: How much is a test kit?
By YaronR
I have quite hard water - over 240 ppm .
I have been using the 50 GPD unit for more than a year, and still didn't need to change filters or membrane.
The water coming out is under 20ppm.
I use around 12-15 gallons a week during normal conditions, in the summer 20-25 gallons a week.

It was very expensive and not comfortable carrying all those bottles... ;)
By omnipercp15
Are you top-watering or bottom-watering? I find that bottom-watering can make the water last longer, as it is sitting there waiting to be absorbed, instead of just running out of the pot.

The other side of this is that even if you get water running out the pot, you can probably collect that water and use it for the next pot.

There is also a water filter unit called ZeroWater. On a daily basis, it might be able to filter enough water for you to use it throughout the week, or least it can supplement what you might have to buy.

I also found a nearby place or vending machine which sells reverse osmosis water. This is cheaper than buying distilled water from the grocery store.

looks ok but i wanted to pass on what i am doing. […]

I've acquired some Avid and wanted some advice on […]

Here is a fun pest control tip. Windex kills ants […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 day[…]

Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!! Thanks. […]

alecStewart1's Grow List and Wants

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bl[…]

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!