FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Announcements, as well as comments and suggestions about the FlytrapCare Forum itself. For all Forum members.

Moderator: Matt

By Sondan
I have looked and I can not find a post that details the language around here. I see gremlin, red dragon, and other terms being used but to me a gremlin is something you don't get wet and you NEVER feed after midnight.

Is it possible that there could be a post put up that has a glossary of terms and a picture of plants befitting them? I realize this would take some work but once it is done just lock it and sticky it.

My suggestion is:
1. The name of the plant: Venus Fly Trap (genus)
2. Common name(s)
3. Picture of it

I have had my fly trap for about half a year now but before this place I only thought there were two kinds...the green kind and the red kind.

Signed,
Gary
By Sondan
Thank you evenwind and that is kind of what I was looking for but I do not see a glossary of terms. When I look at a Dionaea 'Green Wizard' and a Dionaea 'Gremlin'....it looks like the same plant to me. Is there a glossary or something around here the explain what the terms mean?
Signed,
Gary
By evenwind
"Green Wizard" and "Gremlin" aren't "terms", simply names given to different clones. Sometimes you can find a description and sometimes it's buried in the namer's imagination.

Some places (like FTS) give great descriptions but a lot places just list the name. Sometimes the plant is registered with the International Carnivorous Plant Society (which would require a description) and sometimes it's not.The ICPS Photofinder I pointed you to has a lot more clonal pics than it has clonal descriptions, but there are some. For instance, take a look at Red Dragon/Akai Ryu http://cpphotofinder.com/dionaea-akai-ryu-532.html.

If there's a better place than the ICPS to find descriptions, I'd love to hear about it myself.
evenwind liked this
Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!