FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Leathal_Traps
Hey all, I've seen a few people asking here if anyone have any slime mold cultures for sale, now I do! The slime mold that I have is Physarum Polycephalum. Growing kits online usually cost around $30 dollars, but I will be selling petri dishes with actively growing mold for only $10 + shipping. Physarum is a type of plasmodium slime mold which acts as if it had a brain, although it doesn't. It can move around in search of food, grow and create really cool patterns. Depending on interest, I will buy more supplies to create more cultures, if only a few people are interested, I'll just keep the cultures to myself, and arrange privately. If interested please reply below and I will try my best to suit your needs! This mold is EXTREMELY easy to grow, anybody can grow it with items found in your house already!

Some links to view videos if the mold growing, and some basic information:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvBSkt6LhJE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B79Z56vl02A
http://genome.wustl.edu/genomes/detail/ ... ycephalum/
By killerplants4realz
That is the coolest weirdest videos I have seen. Reminds me of that stuff they gave me at Woodstock back in the day. What does it feed on microbes? I think I could start selling that stuff most of my TC cultures end up looking like that;)
By KissMegan
rayneger wrote:wow. weve gotten to the point where we sell slime mold culture??? XD I DONT WANT IT IN MY POTS.
Hahaha right? 30 bucks for slime mold online?! That's insane haha. We grow some in the greenhouse that we use to teach for a biology course but that's about it haha
By Cleo_13
I took this picture after a rain in Michigan, summer of 2013. Is this a type of slime mold? The next time I checked that log the blobs had spread out and dried up. I saw other colors too on different logs and stumps- white and bright yellow.
Attachments:
CIMG2095 (640x427) (640x427).jpg
CIMG2095 (640x427) (640x427).jpg (47.12 KiB) Viewed 3505 times
By cbennett4041
Hmmm... I think we might have a confusion of terms here. Slime mold isn't "mold" per say. It's not the pathogenic fungus we detest so greatly when it afflicts our plants. It is a hive-mind organism, an individual consisting of millions of individuals. A real curiosity of nature and miracle of evolution, this one.

For $10 I am in. I hav been wanting to try it since that TED talk. PM inbound.

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!