FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By TisDro
Hello I am interested in purchasing these 2 specific sundews.

1. Drosera Graomogolensis.
2. Drosera Madagascariensis.

I would prefer for the plants to be shipped potted. Im also looking for any rare tropical sundews if anyone has for sale please post pictures and price. Thanks
By killerplants4realz
Drosera Graomogolensis is up for bid starting $14.99. Just trying to give you a heads up. I was looking for another plant and saw it. I will look in my collection for Madagascariensis. Good luck.
By paulkoop
I find madagascariensis never produces seed for me soo the only chance i get to propagate is when it gets tall and i cut it down Altho last year the growth didnt take and grew new growth from soil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By kronos1996
I need tips on growing sundews I'm about to binge buy 50ish varieties from a website which I cannot name due to forum rules... Most of them are tropical and will need indoor care this winter. Luckily winters are short in Georgia. Any particular varieties I should avoid as a beginner with Drosera? They will all be grown in 1-2 large containers. I have a deck that is covered in semi-transparent plastic, would they prefer this to direct sunlight?

Excuse any errors my phone is messed very badly...
By SFLguy
kronos1996 wrote:I need tips on growing sundews I'm about to binge buy 50ish varieties from a website which I cannot name due to forum rules... Most of them are tropical and will need indoor care this winter. Luckily winters are short in Georgia. Any particular varieties I should avoid as a beginner with Drosera? They will all be grown in 1-2 large containers. I have a deck that is covered in semi-transparent plastic, would they prefer this to direct sunlight?

Excuse any errors my phone is messed very badly...
I mean, FTC doesn't exactly have a rule against talking about other sellers, there's even a review thread about different nurseries/sellers on here, but 50ish varieties is a lot, I wish you the best of luck but I feel as though fifty types of brand new plants well be hard to adjust for
By w03
Nothing I would completely avoid, just be aware of requirements.
South American Drosera (e.g. D. kaieteurensis, D. tomentosa, D. spiralis -often sold as "graminifolia", D. solaris, D. latifolia -often sold as "ascendens", and lots of others) need temperature drops at night. The easier ones generally want temps to drop down to around 60F for long term health. The more difficult ones might want bigger drops, and all need very bright light.

Tuberous Drosera (e.g. D. peltata, D. lowriei, D. erythrorhiza, D. ramellosa, D. gigantea, D. purpurascens, D. prostratoscaposa, and tons of others) have a dry dormancy in the summer months. During the growing season they want cool conditions all the time (general guide is 70F maximum) and lots of food.

Petiolaris complex Drosera (e.g. D. broomensis, D. paradoxa, D. falconeri, D. darwiniensis, D. lanata, D. ordensis and others) generally want night temps well over 70F, and steaming hot day temps (think at least 80 or 85, higher is better) during the growing season. Too cold kicks them into dormancy, which is really difficult to deal with.

There's also some species (e.g. D. indica, D. burmannii) that are annuals.
The temperate species (e.g. D. filiformis, etc.) are fairly self-explanatory. However, I've heard D. linearis is pretty difficult. The South African Winter growing species (D. trinervia, D. cistiflora, etc.) also need dormancy, but more of a dry/cool dormancy than a cold dormancy. Some pygmy Drosera may also go into a sort of dry dormancy.

The last group is just generic subtropical Drosera (D. capensis, D. affinis, etc.) which should do fine in general CP conditions.

As with all plants, you could probably keep any of these as long as you consistently meet their requirements. If you just list the species you're going to get, we could provide more specific advice.
By kronos1996
If there's any particular one I should avoid for now please just say which. Anything I can do without artificial climate equipment is fine with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Introduction: In today's modern society, individua[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Welcome to the forum! We have a horrible deer i[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Counting to infinity.

DragonsEye, I definitely did not know that, either[…]

All Mineral Media

I find pure turface stays too wet in my conditions[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!