Not sure what to expect

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones
Cleo_13

Not sure what to expect

by Cleo_13 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:22 pm

Spring break is next week, and I get to go home and take my plants out of dormancy. Time to see how a fall and winter of my parents caring for them has gone. I hope they make it, but last I checked I lost many. I asked my mom if there was any new growth- she didn't know what to look for. Also, they've lost their place in the window by Mom's sewing machine- she plans to do a lot of sewing this spring.
I'm the grower of VFTs Maria, Lukas, Emil, Mathias, Isabel, Alice, Beatrix, Arthur, Berwald, and a cup of seedlings named Lili.
I also have Francis, my cape sundew.
RIP Gilbert
Yes, I'm the silly person who names her plants.

IHaveNoIdea

Re: Not sure what to expect

by IHaveNoIdea » Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:02 pm

Soo.. you wanna know something? I don't see your question :lol:

Btw, nice names of your plants. Most of them are Czech names actually.

Cleo_13

by Cleo_13 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 1:10 am

I thought I posted it in the general discussions section. They are named after characters from my favorite anime actually, but I'm going to have to branch out to different sources for names. Also, I clumped many together temporarily, and I'm doing some potting (hopefully) next week. I lost the seedlings and several adults. The names list therefore will probably be updated.
I'm the grower of VFTs Maria, Lukas, Emil, Mathias, Isabel, Alice, Beatrix, Arthur, Berwald, and a cup of seedlings named Lili.
RIP Gilbert

Doctor X

by Doctor X » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:20 am

Last edited by Doctor X on Thu Apr 30, 2015 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

tish
Super User

by tish » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:30 am

Cleo_13 wrote:Spring break is next week, and I get to go home and take my plants out of dormancy. Time to see how a fall and winter of my parents caring for them has gone. I hope they make it, but last I checked I lost many. I asked my mom if there was any new growth- she didn't know what to look for. Also, they've lost their place in the window by Mom's sewing machine- she plans to do a lot of sewing this spring.

I'm sure when you're home next week, you will see all your VFT flowering and growing tall traps :)
Post photos ok.

Cleo_13

by Cleo_13 » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:02 pm

Doctor X- is that from Umineko? I've never watched that one, although Higurashi is a favorite. Not where I got my names though.

Tish- I really hope so.
RIP Gilbert

Return to Venus Fly Trap General Discussions