FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By hefty_hefty
I own two Venus flytraps, a drosera, a nepenthes, a sarracenia, and a mimosa pudica. All on my windowsill. What can I do to get rid of these bugs and prevent them from infesting all of my plants?
Are there any methods of removing the bugs that are natural and will not hurt my plants?
I was able to take a couple of close-ups of one of the larger bugs. It remained trapped in the water until it jumped out.

ImageImage
Each plant is potted separately but share the same windowsill. The windowsill is also near my bed so I would like to avoid poison for that reason as well. Thank you so much in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By KissMegan
If they are springtail and really want to get rid of them you could repot all your plants in new medium. Usually I just spray the soil with some kind of insecticide and it gets the population down really fast. I guess another option is planting utrics in your pots to eat any bug larvae and other little stuff in the soil
By altemar
i made the mistake of trying to get rid of spring tails back when i got my first flytraps and i repotted them about 4 times. And they always come back so all i was doing was not letting my plants to develop their roots properly.

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , I got mine from a website in the […]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

Could you send photos?

Flower stalks for sale

I have three sundews, a typical red VFT, and ten V[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!