FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By KissMegan
Does anyone know what these bugs are? I think they came with a Heli I purchased recently (not the one they're on in these pictures) because I've never seen them before.
Theyre super tiny but I dont think theyre spider mites. They're definitely not springtails. These were some dead ones in a pitcher. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what they are/if they're harmful. Trying to keep them from spreading to more of my plants but every time I isolate a plant I find them in another pot >:[
Attachments:
bugs4.PNG
bugs4.PNG (48.33 KiB) Viewed 3013 times
bugs2.PNG
bugs2.PNG (99.04 KiB) Viewed 3013 times
bugs1.PNG
bugs1.PNG (69.07 KiB) Viewed 3013 times
By KissMegan
I'm pretty positive theyre not aphids, they move about a lot and are significantly smaller than aphids, I've played with aphids before and even when you poke at them they dont move and if they do its pretty slow steps.

If they are aphids then im not too worried but I usually dont see them actually on the plants, theyre usually crawling in the medium when I spot one.
By xr280xr
I haven't seen aphids with round heads like that. There are springtails shaped like that, though.
By KissMegan
xr280xr wrote:I haven't seen aphids with round heads like that. There are springtails shaped like that, though.
I'm taking a guess they're springtail too although I never see them jump. I actually think they're all gone now because none showing up in my heli pitchers anymore :)
By KissMegan
Matt wrote:They look like aphids to me as well, but the way you describe their movement isn't what I've typically seen with aphids.
Yeah I can see how they kind of look like aphids from those photos. I was just so lost as to what they were haha looked everywhere for an ID. I guess I'm just glad they're gone :)

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!