FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By KissMegan
Hey everyone and Californians,
It's been a real struggle for me the past year and a half to find Orthene ANYWHERE! It was apparently banned in California but I guess that was lifted?
I was doing a bunch of calling nurseries in Nevada to see if they had it today, and everyone on the line was a nincompoop and couldn't even figure out what orthene was, so I decided to check a Home Depot in Vegas for Orthene.
What popped up at the bottom of the page?! 11 in stock at YOUR store!!!!
I'm so happy to finally be able to use Orthene, drove over to Home Depot ASAP and they were still in a box at the top of a shelf and had "New Item" written on them.
You Californians better stock up on your Orthene now :D
KissMegan liked this
By KissMegan
Does sevin use acephate? I've bought their insecticide for some other plants before. I also did some searching online and looks like you can buy acephate online now too and they'll ship to CA :D
By katya_dog1
Nice! Orthene is something I cannot find locally, I'll look around and see. Never heard of getting it at Home Depot though. Congrats!
By KissMegan
Do you live in new York katya? I found a 94% concentration big can for 14 dollars online. They don't ship to new York though. That's where I'm going to buy my next can, if you want I can send you the link
By katya_dog1
KissMegan wrote:Do you live in new York katya? I found a 94% concentration big can for 14 dollars online. They don't ship to new York though. That's where I'm going to buy my next can, if you want I can send you the link
Yes please do send me the link. That is really cheap for Orthene it seems to me, but maybe I just did not shop around enough when I bought my insecticide.

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!