FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By sflynn1
Hello everybody, I have a D. schizandra that I have been growing for a few months in a sealed glass container, however, living in Florida the temps will soon get to extreme for it and I don't want it to die. So, I'm offering it up for trade. I need to have this plant shipped before about the 20th of March, after that it will probably begin to suffer from the heat. Here's the plant with quarter for scale:

and it's current setup:

Here's the list of all the plants I would be interested in trading for this, mostly interested in trading for other Drosera but I'm interested in anything, exclamation mark is for plants that I am very interested in acquiring:

Drosera:
D. anglica "Hawaii x California"!
Any petiolaris/wooly sundews besides D. paradoxa!
D. regia (Maybe, I'm not sure if it would do good during the summer here, Escambia county, FL, any advice?)
D. slackii
D. madagascariensis
D. affinis

Pinguicula:
P. pumila
P. ionantha (only if you are in the state of Florida though!)
Slightly less common mexican pings that are not on my growlist
Any Mediterranean area pings

Utricularia:
U. alpina!
U. humboldtii!
other tropical epiphytic utrics
unusual terrestrial utrics

Nepenthes:
ANY lowland-intermediate neps (species preferred, but maybe interesting hybrids)

Remember Drosera schizandra requires temps below 80 F, if you can't provide these temps please don't try to trade, I really don't want this plant to die :)
Last edited by sflynn1 on Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
By sflynn1
Thanks, but I already have those neps, sorry should of made that more clear, forgot I don't have a growlist yet on this site!

The gemmea sound interesting, but I'm not really into pygmy dews at the moment, thanks anyway!
By sflynn1
BTW- is your avatar picture a D. schizandra? If so it looks great, wish I could keep mine so it would look like that
By SundewWolf
sflynn1 wrote: forgot I don't have a growlist yet on this site!
Yeah, I tried looking for one lol.

And no problem.

P.s. no it's just something I took off google lol. Mine was gaining size but this winter it rotted (I kept the jar a bit too wet with water pooling in the bottom). But I saved some leaves, they miraculously made propagations, and I also ordered a young schizzie from someone as well. Now I'm just waiting for the terrarium to get "carpeted" with them, so my door is always open for more lol. Hopefully this new tearraium design (sealed with drainage holes in the bottom) will work. So far so good.
By Cory
Your correct about regia
If schizzy won't tolerate your temps a regia probably won't either imo.
By w03
On that note, most epiphytic utrics probably won't like those temps either. I don't know about reniformis/lowland humboldtii, but if the nights have constantly high temps too even alpina probably wouldn't do well.
By sflynn1
I've had fairly good success with epiphytic utrics so far, so I just wanted to experiment a little bit, thanks for the advice on the regia!
By David F
Hey does utric calycifida interest you? Could send you a small division pretty easily. For shipping or trade or w/e.
By sflynn1
David F wrote:Hey does utric calycifida interest you? Could send you a small division pretty easily. For shipping or trade or w/e.
Do you know what kind of U. calycifida it is? or do you have a picture? Thanks!
By David F
I don't know the answer to your question, but I can describe it and put up pictures this weekend if you'd still like.

It's from user Kulamauman on Terraforums, has purply veins looking a lot like lettuce. It recently made a tall flower stalk with pink and speckly purple flowers.

It's spreading across the pot like mad and is considered a terrestrial.

I don't believe it's any particular form other than what I would consider "Typical".
By KissMegan
David F wrote:I don't know the answer to your question, but I can describe it and put up pictures this weekend if you'd still like.

It's from user Kulamauman on Terraforums, has purply veins looking a lot like lettuce. It recently made a tall flower stalk with pink and speckly purple flowers.

It's spreading across the pot like mad and is considered a terrestrial.

I don't believe it's any particular form other than what I would consider "Typical".
Purple flowers means it's probably u. Calycifida 'asenath waite' :)
My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of mi[…]

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!