FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By pmcg558
Hello
Looking for feedback. My VFTs are outside for all but the coldest days in Austin tx. This winter has been wildly erratic near freezing to freezing temps interspersed with 70 - 80 degree days. Now that spring is approaching I am seeing what appear to me to be fall colors occuring in the plants. A deep burgundy color migrating from the base to the top of the plant. Thoughts??
Attachments:
IMG_2433.jpg
IMG_2433.jpg (329.13 KiB) Viewed 1514 times
By miklos210
Hey pmcg558,

IIm just an hour away from you here in San Antonio. That my friend is just sunburn on your plants, something us texans know to much about. Those part of the leaves must of been covered up through the growing season and they never got used to the sun. And yes I agree with you on the erratic winter it was in the 80s today. And on friday a cold front moves in and itll be back in the 30s again!
miklos210 liked this
By xr280xr
Looks like normal coloration from prolonged exposure to low temperatures and sun. All but the one up and to the left of the center look healthy to me. Watch out for the freezes next week! Those look slightly shallowly planted and I wouldn't want to let them get frosted.
xr280xr, xr280xr liked this
By Matt
xr280xr wrote:Those look slightly shallowly planted and I wouldn't want to let them get frosted.
I thought the same thing. It might be good to fill in around the rhizomes a bit to get them more deeply planted.
Matt liked this
By pmcg558
Thank you all for the feed back I will fill in around the rhizomes . Matt you might recall some months ago (thanksgiving as a matter of fact) I emailed you regarding a squirrel attack. These are the plants that survived the uprooting. Good to know that these plants seem to be doing well. sort of.... : )
pmcg558 liked this
Yellowish leaves on N. ventrata

So, what's your watering frequency? :)

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Drosera germination time

I planted seven different types of seeds on 03/09/[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!