FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss any carnivorous plant that doesn't fit in the above categories here or general chat about carnivorous plants

Moderator: Matt

By ps3isawesome
I recently stumbled upon her blog and was just so touched by her courage and the way she' lives her life.

Not to mention the countless times she's offered excellent advice for my Pings.

Her blog is beautiful written, crafted, and is an extremely valuable asset to our CP community.

Here's an intro about her and the link to the website http://www.rnssg.com
-------------------------------
My name is Rachel, though I'm also known as "Grey". I'm a young adult (who hails from sunny England) with a passion for creative writing and the astounding world around us. I'm a born again Christian and absolutely love to write about God's creation.

I've had Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (a physical condition theorized to be caused by an excess of white matter in the brain) for nearly half of my life which has left me housebound on and off for a number of years; the condition hosts a myriad of symptoms ranging from fatigue and pain (in varying severities) to memory loss and other cognitive malfunctions. It's also fair to say that I'm a bit on the eccentric side. : ) Despite my medical circumstances I've thankfully been blessed with a small troop of plants and animals to care for, and so this website was born. Praise the Lord!

I've always been a bit of a reclusive creature so when the Lord taught me how important it is to let people see into my world it was a challenge. I'm sure anyone who has had to undergo drastic changes in their life (whether due to illness, grief or the life-giving truth of the Good News of Christ) can understand just how difficult it can be at times to really "let people in". It would be fair to say that this site is my heartfelt attempt at that and I truly hope and pray you are blessed by what you find here.
By tish
I am embarrass to say that I only browse through her blog every once in a while whenever her link pops up. I didn't read into her blog but will do so from now on since PS3 (still don't know his name) has pointed out the effort Rachael took to write her blog. It's no obligation to me but I just would like to know her better this way :)

Thank you PS3 for pointing this out .
By sbrooks
Grey's insight with Pings has helped me out immensely. I, too, never delved that deep into her website; interesting stuff. I appreciate all the help that she has given others on her blog as well as on FTC. God bless you, Rachel! :D
By Grey
I am incredibly touched by all of your encouragement and support, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It is a great gift to know that the website, blog and all the content on there in general has been of use to you in one way or another. It's also a blessing being part of this community, so I'm grateful for that as well and hope I can continue to serve you all as best as I can. :)
Grey, Grey liked this
Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!