FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By English Springer
One thing I have noticed in reading a lot of posts on this site is the general love of nature of most of us...hiking, fishing, mountain climbing, snakes, etc..it seems we run the gammet of nature oriented hobbies.

I live in the suburbs of Baltimore and have enjoyed astronomy for most of my life. I am often in the backyard at night, year-around, with my telescope peering into the night.

Last weekend I had the pleasure to visit a "dedicated dark sky" site in noth central Pennsylvania and the sky was unbelievably clear..the Milky Way was so bright you could actually see somewhat in the midlle of the night. The constellations, planets, galaxies were easily seen with even the smallest scopes or bonoculars. In addition, nothing is more peaceful than just laying on a blanket looking at a billion stars and pondering your place in the universe..

Many states have a designated dark sky site and if you ever get a chnace I would encourage you to spend a night or two at one if you get a chance. You will meet some very nice folks..A couple I met from New York were also CP growers as well.

Peace!
E.S.
By Caleboy 123
What a coincedince! My grandfather lives in Baltimore and he's a stargazer.

Yes, we all love nature, it is incredible!
By Matt
Nice post and excellent suggestion ES. Back east, it can be difficult to get somewhere that you can see all of the stars. Out west where I've been most of my adult life, there are TONS of places to go where there isn't any light pollution and you can see so many stars that it's overwhelming. I absolutely love camping out under the stars away from civilization. It's so peaceful...
By English Springer
Caleb,
I think there is a dark sky site at Tuckahoe State Park towards your neck of the woods.
You should try it out sometime if you are into stargazing!
Peace!
E.S.
By English Springer
I hear you Matt and you are lucky to have wide open spaces available.
I grew up in the mountains of western Maryland and grew up with some great open skies as well.
Peace!
E.S.
By lemonlily
It sounds like I wouldn't kill bugs but when I get my plants, muahahaha! Feeding time!!!
By Adam
One thing I've been lucky to see as far south as the 49th parallel is the northern lights. It's been twice now that I've seen them. The most interesting place was actually in Vancouver (!!!)
Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Here is the photo, didn’t upload for some re[…]

Atlanta Georgia Meetup

That is one heck of a setup. What are all the larg[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

Not the exact same as it is 150W but might work ou[…]

So this is the only "lone wolf" that I h[…]

What’s happening

Btw, if you seed a flower stalk suddenly start sho[…]

Expanding the Garden

That's looking great!!! Some good-looking soil!!![…]

Counting to infinity.

Ive been searching the web for perlite for two day[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!