FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By Goodkoalie
jwalker wrote:In his blog he said he works full time so be patient
I totally understand this. I just sent a pm when this thread was first started and a few weeks later. I just was not sure if Phil was receiving my messages.

No hurry Phil :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
By Dionae
sPacer wrote:Dionae, I have messaged you but can not tell if you are receiving the messages or not. Nothing too sensitive, lol, I will post my reply here-

"
Ok I got your package set up. There are 3 significant parts, You will see!!

The 2 trimmed plants have some extensive rhizomes, and the pitcher height is noted along with harvest date (27" and 33" I think..). They have held up remarkably well and are ready to take claim of a pot all their own so they can amaze you :) The other shorter plant with the deep blood red coloring is a real show stopper, your heart will skip a beat when you see it guaranteed. It should be in a wide planter, has to be a deep container too since the goal is for the main base container stays nice and cool during the day. As much as possible anyway, every little bit helps. Full shade during the morning through early evening, some filtered evening light would probably do great. You will be off to a nice start with these. Like with the Flava (and other CP that you sent me), I know there will be no issues, it is a choice double cluster and I thank you!

I also included 2 packets of stratified seeds from last year's pods. One packet was from a taller all green form, and the other packet from a shorter yet stout and large variety like the more red plant I sent.

Thanks for the great trade. Please let me know when these get there. -Phil
"
Yup, I received your PM:). I appreciate the trade and I will let you know when they get here. I'm excited about the seeds. Ive never tried growing cobras from seed! Any recommended media to start them on?
By sPacer
Goodkaolie, I will look over the messages this week at work. I would rather put the time toward it while at work than my own time off LOL. Actually if you were familiar with the business I am in you would understand. I will be in touch, please wait for feedback from other traders so far as well :) Thanks!
By sPacer
jwalker thank you for mentioning that. I do work full time for a legal firm. Right now we are slow and there is no issue at all with taking care of pursuits such as this. It always cranks up sooner or later, though! I will try not to overlook any message, keep pinging me if you don't get a direct reply in 7-1o days.

Thanks Peeps!!

If you may indulge in the heavy metal, I play for this band ARACHNID in Portland Oregon. We have shows coming up, most notably 1/24-25-2014 at the Tonic Lounge, this will be such an epic show. Here are some clips from when we played there in September. I am lead guitar (no vocals) far right.

It would be way cool to meet you! Come on down and say hi, none of this Awkward back and forth, please. We are Brothers and Sisters united by the menacing nature of music *and* plants! A very special bond!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5g13mP ... WcqF6Ikl7A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gk3DixD ... WcqF6Ikl7A

Thanks for checking it out, now come out and ROCK with us!
By sPacer
Thank you all for the interest. I am done trading for now and will bring the thread back up when I get back around to it, likely this Fall. :arrow: \m/ -seesya!
By sPacer
One item that I would trade a really nice cobra for any time is a clone of my "Creeping Death" VFT. Unfortunately in my moving around and re-situating life, it was one that I was not able to properly tend to and have lost.

thx!
By sPacer
Oh, also I still want to round things out with:

D.Filiformis Tracyii, hoping for mature bulbs.

D.anything petiolaris complex, I love D.Paradoxa for instance.

S.Purpurea venosa, a nice deep red/purple one with the extra spikey hairs under the lid, no green at all... Only if you can say Yes, that is exactly it, S.Purpurea Venosa.

S Purpurea Heterodoxa. Again, only the real thing.

I am still open to selective trading, and will list here what I feel that I am short of as I realize it :) It is fun putting a collection together again! Limited space is why I am only want one of each, except flytraps that is. I will entertain bulk deals on bulbs(25 or more a shot).

Thanks all!!
By JDallas
Hi Phil,

On the S. purpurea "Heterdoxa", did you mean heterophylla, the anthocyanin-free Northern form?

Jeff
By ashely420
Do you still have some avaiable I have some red dragon vfts and a few species of sundews that will be ready for shipping soon or I can buy some plants?
Perlite from Ebay

how does this stuff look? https://www.fertilefibre[…]

Yescom Altrnatives

I was considering this brand but it seems to be ou[…]

Will it likely recover?

Definitely chop the flowers off this year to help […]

Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!