FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of subjects other than carnivorous plants, such as orchids, landscapes, etc.

Moderator: Matt

By chevyguy8893
I recently spent a couple weeks in Florida for a research conference and was able to get out to see some of the sights around the area. These are some of my favorite photos, but here is the link the the Flickr album for all of them if anyone is interested. https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7wruYj I am still in a bit of temperature shock going from 80F degree days to temperatures well into the negatives at home :lol:.

Tolumnia orchid that I picked up (I also found some nice succulents as well from Mounts Botanical Garden since i went on the plant sale day). The orchid is in a bit of shock right now, but it should perk back up in the terrarium.
ImageDSC_0258 by chevyguy8893, on Flickr

Some of the bromeliads at a nursery outside West Palm Beach. I wanted some, but the rental car was too small for anything more :(, but that was probably a good thing.
Image16045441208_324b7d1d94_o by chevyguy8893, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0253 by chevyguy8893, on Flickr

One of the many lizards that evaded capture, and then stopped to mock me.
ImageDSC_0233 by chevyguy8893, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0188 by chevyguy8893, on Flickr

Grassy Waters Preserve (I was a bit obsessed with the air plants since I have not had the chance to see them growing in the wild)
ImageDSC_0128 by chevyguy8893, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0132 by chevyguy8893, on Flickr

Wild alligator at the preserve just off the boardwalk.
ImageDSC_0161 by chevyguy8893, on Flickr

One of the Nepenthes at Mounts Botanical Garden
ImageDSC_0112 by chevyguy8893, on Flickr

The first Agave I have seen flowering in person.
ImageDSC_0055 by chevyguy8893, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0069 by chevyguy8893, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0088 by chevyguy8893, on Flickr

Dwarf seahorse
ImageDSC_0031 by chevyguy8893, on Flickr

Baby boxfish
ImageDSC_0035 by chevyguy8893, on Flickr
By tish
Very cool. Its nice you get to see around other places. Its always 80+F here. I cannot imagin being in your climate too haha. The boxer fish is very cute. Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos.... now go take photos of some cobra lilies soon! *just kidding

Sent from my SM-N9005
tish liked this
By chevyguy8893
tish wrote:Very cool. Its nice you get to see around other places. Its always 80+F here. I cannot imagin being in your climate too haha. The boxer fish is very cute. Thanks for sharing these wonderful photos.... now go take photos of some cobra lilies soon! *just kidding

Sent from my SM-N9005
I love being able to get out to see other areas. If there was more time I would have gone to more preserves. It would be great to be in a climate that was always warm, but I couldn't imagine not having the cold and snow. Haha, I will be updating those at some point :).

As well, here is all of the air plant photos I took at the preserve, and the two that I bought. Many of the air plants were too far up in the trees to get good photos of them. The only ones that were down low were further off the boardwalk. Apparently air plant theft is an issue, so maybe that is why there weren't any down low close to the boardwalk (only speculating though).

ImageDSC_0143 by chevyguy8893, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0142 by chevyguy8893, on Flickr

ImageDSC_0121 by chevyguy8893, on Flickr

ImageTillandsia aeranthos x stricta by chevyguy8893, on Flickr

ImageTillandsia butzii by chevyguy8893, on Flickr
By tish
chevyguy8893 wrote: I love being able to get out to see other areas. If there was more time I would have gone to more preserves. It would be great to be in a climate that was always warm, but I couldn't imagine not having the cold and snow. Haha, I will be updating those at some point :).

As well, here is all of the air plant photos I took at the preserve, and the two that I bought. Many of the air plants were too far up in the trees to get good photos of them. The only ones that were down low were further off the boardwalk. Apparently air plant theft is an issue, so maybe that is why there weren't any down low close to the boardwalk (only speculating though).
That is good to be out exploring the wild in different places. I like to do that too but I hardly have time with 2 kids :?

Those air plants looks interesting, and the 2 you bought look very good :)

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Micrantha

I have eight happy micrantha babies from receiving[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

I would love to see photos of your orchids in bloo[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!