FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By bananaman
Hello everyone.
Considering that it is holiday time, I've decided to organize a special giveaway.
The items for giveaway for 3 sets of 3 unstruck Cephalotus leaf pullings.
This giveaway is different than most because it has a special set of rules attached to it:

Rules:
1. The winners of my giveaway MUST setup a giveaway of their own within 3 months of receiving their prize.
2. These giveaways must be for either plants or propagules of plants including, but not limited to seeds and cuttings.
3. Each one of these giveaways MUST come with this set of rules.

As you can see, this will result in a chain of giveaways that will spread free plants through the community.
The goal behind this is to, ideally, spread some of the less common plants through our community.

If you want to participate, send me a PM with what you will giveaway.

I will announce the winners in this post once they have been chosen.
EDIT: I've already had a lot of interest, so I'll announce the winners on New Year's Day. You will be able to enter up until that point.

Happy Holidays!
Last edited by bananaman on Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By katya_dog1
Good idea bannanaman! Kudos to you for setting this up!
katya_dog1 liked this
By Mufasa
As you can see, this will result in a chain of giveaways that will spread free plants through the community.
The goal behind this is to, ideally, spread some of the less common plants through our community.
you mean, only between those already capable of giving something away?.. ie, the people who would need/want them the least :|
By katya_dog1
It's a cephalotus follicularis for heaven's sake. Even some of the people who have lots of other plants might not have that.
By David F
If you grow sundews, you can always give away seeds or leaf cuttings ;).
David F liked this
By bananaman
Mufasa wrote:
you mean, only between those already capable of giving something away?.. ie, the people who would need/want them the least :|
It doesn't have to be a plant. It can be seeds or cuttings. Even if your collection is 1 D. capensis, you could sacrifice a few leaves for a giveaway. The biggest hope of this is to help spread free plants!
bananaman liked this
By Mufasa
well, just pointing it out

anyway, i'll see if i have anything i can give away, not sure if i'll be able to recieve anything since i live in aus (unless it's seeds, or you're local)

i think i have some capensis & binata seeds i can give away, and possibly a few heads of live sphagnum (which is hard to find around here)

we should have just done a FTC secret santa lol (maybe we can have a delayed one)
By bvalente
Its a gift to keep giving, give away what you can afford but its only right to give something away since he is offering Cephalotus. It's a Christmas special, you wouldn't accept a gift from a friend and not get them a gift. I believe what he is doing is right.

There are plenty of giveaways out there, this is a good way to give people something who are giving things away.

I have PM'd him and am participating in this as well, I am hoping to win and contribute :)
bvalente liked this
By bananaman
The reason I did this was to give a gift to the whole community here. I can't send plants or cuttings to everyone here, but if I send something to a few people, who each send something to a few people and so on, pretty much everyone has a chance to get something. If everyone gives away something to only 3 people after getting a gift, 282 people will have gotten something in only 4 cycles of giving, which by these rules is up to a year.
By bvalente
bananaman wrote:The reason I did this was to give a gift to the whole community here. I can't send plants or cuttings to everyone here, but if I send something to a few people, who each send something to a few people and so on, pretty much everyone has a chance to get something. If everyone gives away something to only 3 people after getting a gift, 282 people will have gotten something in only 4 cycles of giving, which by these rules is up to a year.
It's like the Pay It Forward idea, I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By Mufasa
perhaps anyone who wishes to participate should post in this thread + their region?
could get a couple different chains going in different regions, although seeds can be shipped internationally easily enough

edit: also, i really would love ceph pullings, too bad different country
By earlgrey
bananaman wrote:Hello everyone.
Considering that it is holiday time, I've decided to organize a special giveaway.
The items for giveaway for 3 sets of 3 unstruck Cephalotus leaf pullings.
This giveaway is different than most because it has a special set of rules attached to it:

Rules:
1. The winners of my giveaway MUST setup a giveaway of their own within 3 months of receiving their prize.
2. These giveaways must be for either plants or propagules of plants including, but not limited to seeds and cuttings.
3. Each one of these giveaways MUST come with this set of rules.

If you want to participate, send me a PM with what you will giveaway.

I will announce the winners in this post once they have been chosen.
EDIT: I've already had a lot of interest, so I'll announce the winners on New Year's Day. You will be able to enter up until that point.

Happy Holidays!
Hey I'm interested! My giveaway will commence on Jan 2. It'll be a giveaway for a catopsis pup. I know that these for sure are not common, so it's definitely something I want to give out. And afterwards I'll do plant giveaways every month same day because I do have a lot of uncommon plants. Thanks for the idea! The community will sure benefit from this!
earlgrey liked this
Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Counting to infinity.

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!