FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By sPacer
Hi, I have quite a few Darlingtonia plants from dividing and replanting them for 15 to 20 years. I would like to trade some of them for other types of CP. I am interested in VFT, Sarracenia, Drosera, and temperate Pinguicula. All sizes of plants are available. These are extremely vibrant and healthy plants and are a mix of varieties, I had never labeled them and they have cross pollinated over the years, and have also thrived in different growing conditions from the heat of the valley to the damp cold climate of the coast. I will be very fair with you and hope for the same in return. Please let me know what you may have available and let's work something out. Thank you!

-Phil Golding

By katya_dog1
He sells them on ebay for really cheap. ;) I would trade/buy but I am saving up for a T5. Phil is the only person on ebay I have seen who has 100 percent positive feedback, that is really saying something.

And I saw pictures on this forum, for 35 bucks his cobras are huge.

Don't be afraid to buy/trade.
By katya_dog1
I have not seen you, but the 100% is to be expected based on your feedback on here. :lol: What seller are you?
By Eric
katya_dog1 wrote:I have not seen you, but the 100% is to be expected based on your feedback on here. :lol: What seller are you?
I think he's countryfoke on eBay. ;)
Eric liked this
By David F
Phil's plants rock the world.

-Dave
David F liked this
By sPacer
Wow, I thank you All for such nice comments. I was just checking my trade messages and then saw all of this.. makes it all worth while :)

Lately I have been working with everything that was group potted. My goal is to have the majority of the plants in pots, though buried just deep enough in the bogs and large planters to benefit from the insulating properties. I am grading them as I go so I can tell at a glance more about the roots, presence of stolon or rhizome development, and number of growth points. It will take another couple weeks to get that all done, but then I will be in good shape for the upcoming season. I'm really looking forward to posting fresh listings and also trading for this and that :)

Darlingtonia have a reputation for being difficult to grow. Maybe I am lucky or just started right off with them the right way, I don't know. I have grown essentially the core group of these plants in several different areas, though all with acceptable conditions, there were significant differences in temps, humidity, Winter temps, etc. I chat with people sometimes who grow all these Sarracenia and VFT outdoors or in greenhouses where they live, yet they fail with cobras. I really think that can be fixed. I try to get to messages as I can and would help anybody I could. I am planning to do more with my website/blog, I really need to get some stuff up about planting bare root stock, some pics I have seen show them a good inch too deep which is likely disastrous! I don't want to get too carried away, but I will do plenty of that on my blog real soon.

Thanks again though people, I am really floored!
Sincerely!
-Phil (man-eating-plants_com on eBay)
By sPacer
Dionae, I have messaged you but can not tell if you are receiving the messages or not. Nothing too sensitive, lol, I will post my reply here-

"
Ok I got your package set up. There are 3 significant parts, You will see!!

The 2 trimmed plants have some extensive rhizomes, and the pitcher height is noted along with harvest date (27" and 33" I think..). They have held up remarkably well and are ready to take claim of a pot all their own so they can amaze you :) The other shorter plant with the deep blood red coloring is a real show stopper, your heart will skip a beat when you see it guaranteed. It should be in a wide planter, has to be a deep container too since the goal is for the main base container stays nice and cool during the day. As much as possible anyway, every little bit helps. Full shade during the morning through early evening, some filtered evening light would probably do great. You will be off to a nice start with these. Like with the Flava (and other CP that you sent me), I know there will be no issues, it is a choice double cluster and I thank you!

I also included 2 packets of stratified seeds from last year's pods. One packet was from a taller all green form, and the other packet from a shorter yet stout and large variety like the more red plant I sent.

Thanks for the great trade. Please let me know when these get there. -Phil
"
sPacer liked this
By Goodkoalie
I have sent you some pms but I am not sure if you received them. Are there any sarracenia you are interested in trading? Thanks so much :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Repotting carnivorous plants

the media looks like peat? Did you add water and f[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Counting to infinity.

Beautiful - nice to see your signs of spring!!

Completely agree on the Lowe’s BetterGrow vs[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!