FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss all micropropagation related topics here.

Moderator: Matt

By swerfer
Hi members,

Does anyone have experience in acclimatization of Drosera rotundifolia and Drosera intermedia after deflasking tissue culture?
I have been screening some online articles on acclimatization of Drosera ex-vitro, but I like to hear your experiences and techniques.
I think for the tissue culturers among us a high survival rate is preferable. I have read an article about acclimatization in a peat x vermiculite mix (3x1)for Drosera intermedia, over a period of 10 weeks? Is this save? I always thought that vermiculite is toxic for Drosera and other carnivorous plants because of its high magnesium concentration?
Anyways, I would like to hear your techniques on safe deflasking these Drosera types.

Regards
By Matt
Drosera are easy to deflask. Just put them in your soil of choice (I used peat/perlite/silica sand) and keep the humidity high, either with a dome or a plastic bag over the pot, for two to three weeks and then slowly lower the humidity. Survival rate should be 100% if the plants are deflasked at the appropriate time in their TC cycle.

I'd probably avoid vermiculite.
Repotting carnivorous plants

@optique , We call it turf, I've used it before o[…]

where is a good place to buy vfts in australia. he[…]

Fishing

Hi Chef, I'm interested in whatever you have that […]

Basal shoots cutting questions

Took 5 basal shoots off the mother that were rootl[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

For me it grew tall leaves with small traps, but v[…]

Nep/Heli bundle

Here’s some pics of a platy vog (not this o[…]

Polimbo 52

Seedlings in the beginning of their third year. Th[…]

Seeds received. Thanks Chef and donors!

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!