FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live outside the US, UK or EU

Moderator: Matt

By Mufasa
Yeah, looking for VFT seeds, happy to pay for them + international postage

drop a message here ;)
By katya_dog1
You are paying for quality, though. :)
By Maiden
Expensive?

These seeds are from one of the best vfts growers in the world. The germination rate is 100%. The genetic is amazing.

Trust me, its not expensive at all.
By IHaveNoIdea
Well it may not be expensive for you Americans, but wages in CZ are significantly lower. So ok, I apologize, for me it is expensive.
By Maiden
I tried seeds from czplants, bcp, many german and south american sellers/nurseries, and their germination rate is quite low. If you want to pay less, then you have to understand that the quality will be low too. If you compare the viability, the freshness and the genetic, seeds from flytrapstore are not expensive at all.

And by the way, im not from USA.
By Sander
If you are still looking, i still have over 100 seeds available :)
By Mufasa
Sure

also, i had planned on buying seeds from FTS in the past, a couple months ago, it seems like you get less per pack now (probably just seasonal)
probably half as much per pack as when i last checked it
FTS seeds currently go for upwards of $1/seed, more after conversion

sure, the parentage/ fused/red etc is appealing.

good germination rate is a non issue considering i'm looking to buy from a fellow forum member, and still not much of an issue if i purchase even 50% viable seeds from a foreign seller for 1/3rd the price

i might buy some seeds from FTS once it's the right season for the region

"Expensive?

These seeds are from one of the best vfts growers in the world. The germination rate is 100%. The genetic is amazing.

Trust me, its not expensive at all."
yeah, they are expencive lol, especially if you consider that you might want more than 10 seeds, i'm not fully concerned about the genetics, typicals are great, giants are great, reds are great, fused are great,

Anywho sander, could you PM me some prices+ postage to australia?

thanks
By tish
I second what maiden says. the seeds from other places are low germination rate and might be not fresh. Dont waste time if you only want a positive germination vft seeds. Go straight to flytrapcare or ask if people have fresh seeds to offer :)
By Mufasa
tish wrote:I second what maiden says. the seeds from other places are low germination rate and might be not fresh. Dont waste time if you only want a positive germination vft seeds. Go straight to flytrapcare or ask if people have fresh seeds to offer :)
Yep, that's why i'm asking here :D

besides i've seen a bunch of threads with good results from foreign sellers
By tish
Mufasa wrote:
tish wrote:I second what maiden says. the seeds from other places are low germination rate and might be not fresh. Dont waste time if you only want a positive germination vft seeds. Go straight to flytrapcare or ask if people have fresh seeds to offer :)
Yep, that's why i'm asking here :D

besides i've seen a bunch of threads with good results from foreign sellers
I hope you are able to get them from sanders :)
By Maiden
Look at that thread guys, the seeds was from flytrapstore.
http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showt ... -challenge

I was able to grow them from seeds to adult plant in 10months. And the germination rate was 100%. Thats what i meant by good genetic. Its not about the cultivar type. The same cultivar line(F*) can have good or bad genetic. All depend how the plant was grown, how the seeds was collected, stored and shipped.

I dont want to upset you guys, i only want to help you to get the best seeds for your collection. Sometimes its better to pay a couple additional dollars, to have the top quality ! :)

Also i wrote a couple articles about growing perfect plants from seeds and how to feed them to have maximum results.

http://www.flytrapcare.com/feeding-venus-fly-traps.html

http://www.carnivorousplants.org/howto/ ... DBWSBS.php

:-)

Francois
By Mufasa
i may well purchase some from FTS in the future, like i said though, it seems like they have cut the number of seeds per pack in half since i last checked, so i will wait till it's the right season at FTS to buy from them
By IHaveNoIdea
I'm not being uptset at all. (Sorry.. and one Canadian :P ), but like Mufasa said. I may buy some seeds, when the time is right. Sale would be great :mrgreen: But here, I can buy almost 50 seeds just for the money shipping would cost.
By the way, thanks a lot for the article. I read it a lot, I never new you are the one who wrote it. Great job.
Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

Drosera germination time

Hello everyone - I recently got some D. burmanni[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Hello again, from Texas

Welcome back to the forum! Be sure to check out th[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!