FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By Leo756
Just saw this thread for the very first time, so thanks for resurrecting it! My favorite so far would definitely have to be the B52. It's simply everything I ever expected a VFT to be! My largest one seems especially vicious. On the rare occasions when I've hand-fed it a fly, those huge traps slam shut so much harder and faster than any of the other varieties, I swear it actually seems to make a 'chomp' sound! Startles me every single time! :lol:
By Greenthumbs Garden
Leo756 wrote:Just saw this thread for the very first time, so thanks for resurrecting it! My favorite so far would definitely have to be the B52. It's simply everything I ever expected a VFT to be! My largest one seems especially vicious. On the rare occasions when I've hand-fed it a fly, those huge traps slam shut so much harder and faster than any of the other varieties, I swear it actually seems to make a 'chomp' sound! Startles me every single time! :lol:
This is a great thread, I'm realy looking forward to watching my B52s develop, hopefully the flower stalk I sniped off be for planting will take root too.
By Gothic TRAPS
Cool thread :) !!! I can't believe I over looked it.

I love various Dionaea Dente type cultivars with their own distinguished look... it's something about those different forms of celia (teeth). When you add various colour types... even better :mrgreen: !
Dionaea Dracula and FTS Flaming Lips... I'm gunning for you!!!

I love BIG, anything BIG... which notches me up on the B52! Mine is becoming a monster with three large offshoots.
Dionaea DC XL and FTS Maroon Monster... I've got you in my sights!!!

Then comes an under rated gem... my Fused Tooth, which also brought me to own Cross Teeth and Long Red Fingers!

Last but not least... the standard typical. I've seen some beauties out there in all forms and colours ;) !
Last edited by Gothic TRAPS on Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
By Kevonicus
Favorites for me are Jaws, B-52, Low Giant, and maroon monster. my DCXL got burnt so hopefully that'll catch up to my favs!
By hackerberry
Funny that this post is still active after all the years. Keep it up. My new favorite now is the DCXL that Matt sent me last year. Grows twice as big as the B52.

hb
hackerberry liked this
By GreenOhio
When I think of the "perfect flytrap", what comes to mind are lush green traps, and leaves of massive size. The entire inside of every trap should be bright red and the growth habit MUST be clean. I'm trying to grow a gorgeous bouquet of insect destroying minions, not a weedy mess of mouths going every direction and drooping over the pot. G16 seems to come closest to that description for me. Many of the other giants just look too much like over-sized typicals; really lacking color, definition, and that really tight growth. Jaws looks amazing as well, and is unique enough to pick out of any large group of random flytraps.
GreenOhio liked this
By Gormur
Apparently, I'm an odd one out ;)

So far, I've had the best luck with Akai ryu. That's my favorite then, but in terms of size and looks I also like Pinnacle giant. I just can't get one to flourish though

Actually the hardest for me to grow has been the typical Venus flytrap

Go figure :lol:
By Benny
My favorite one that I have grown is by far a typical- wait. The only one I have grown is a typical :cry: . But if I had to pick one of them out of all cultivars, I would choose Wally. They looked really cool and divide really fast. I am not going to get any fancy cultivars yet, because if I'm gonna kill a plant, it might as well be the cheap one.

It actually may be a B52 that I own. It came with a 1.25 inch trap that was solidly red inside. I haven't gotten any more of those traps though. It was a gift for Christmas, and it came from joelscarnivorousplants, and he sells both B52 and typical. Whatcha guys think? B52 or typical?
Attachments:
IMG_20200129_082308.jpg
IMG_20200129_082308.jpg (645.87 KiB) Viewed 3997 times
francisfaustino liked this
Finally

Healthy-looking, too!!! Nice job!!!

Micrantha

Got some too which are growing well. They are cute[…]

I'd say that that trap will probably die...way too[…]

I have an indoor greenhouse that does the same […]

I've been keeping a lookout at the Wallyworld's in[…]

Not what you would expect...

ant hill? And we have a winner!!!! YES!!!! A […]

Something to remember about water and alcohol. I a[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Wow, the only ones my local nursery gets (SummerWi[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!