FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of subjects other than carnivorous plants, such as orchids, landscapes, etc.

Moderator: Matt

By Grey
Hehe.

This is bigger than I thought. Tuuuuuuuuufa!

I am so thrilled, though! Was able to pick up two pieces, this large one and a second, smaller one. The big rock is currently being soak-tested and is absorbing water nicely! Hooray! Praise God. :D
Grey liked this
By Grey
Back to original post...

I can feel the hate.
Though perhaps it's because I'm right up in her face. Hmm.

How are you all? I've got some great news - the tufa has planted! (I was going to say landed but started to type "planted", so I'm keeping it.)

I'm very grateful to have found these two rocks, they are ideal for the Mexican Pinguicula. The one on the left of the above photo has lots of natural grooves for plant roots, so that one hasn't been drilled out, the one on the right has some holes drilled in because it's got a larger surface area. (Big thanks to dad for doing that for me!) Here are some close ups!

I thought I'd be daring and plant Beatrice in the rock as well. I wasn't sure at first in case the plants didn't take to it well, but why not.

I kept the dust/granules/sand from when the tufa was drilled out so I'm using that to help plant the plants, as well as a little supersphag to help with moisture retention while they root.
Grey liked this
By katya_dog1
Looks really natural! Good luck with how it turns out!
katya_dog1 liked this
By Grey
Back to original post...

Cookies. All the cookies.

Plants! I have four new additions to my collection: P. esseriana, P. 'Jannes', P. jaumavensis and P. rotundifolia... very happy! Wooo!

The P. 'Weser' are doing well.

And the P. 'Tina' divisions seem OK too, they'll get there. Still recovering from the brutal separation. (Whoops.)

Here's the P. 'Tina' division planted in silica sand/perlite/egg shell.

:)
By katya_dog1
Can't wait to see how that esseriana turns out!
By Grey
Back to original post...

It's Christmas in 9 days time. What?! It was September yesterday!

Skatty looks like a bit of a scrooge here, though I don't blame him, he has to go to the vet tomorrow for a check up.

Plants are... plant ish. I had to move the P. jaumavensis to a different hole as it kept falling out... whoops. I'm still learning a new watering schedule to keep these rocks damp - it's harder than it looks!

The two P. 'Tina' divisions seem to be doing OK. Got some crazy stuff going on with some of the leaves at the moment so keeping an eye on that. I think they've gone into shock.

Beatrice is doing well, looking thoroughly succulent in the gorgeous morning winter sunshine.
Grey, Grey liked this
Not what you would expect...

Is it the growth inside the condiment cup. ( I cal[…]

Is my Leigh Wilkerson sick?

Any ideas?

Unknown Sarr from CalCarn

Could be a Flava, probably hybrid. Maybe has some […]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

Same, my local nursery gets a lot of them. Do you […]

Hello. I recently acquired a hamata about 5 days […]

I think my plant is dying!!!

But my plant I bought from the same place doesn't […]

Soil looks quite dry to me.

Yescom Altrnatives

always found this listing weird because it h[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!