FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Siannuro
What about honey as root-hormone?

We should call this "Natural Tissue Culture" cause everything is pretty much natural.

Anyways, if you add honey, would you have to use less sugar?
By marvin1997
I did try once dabbing it in honey then do it same as normal....put it in the medium.It did grow a bud but it died dunno what happened :?:
By Siannuro
I did try once dabbing it in honey then do it same as normal....put it in the medium.It did grow a bud but it died dunno what happened :?:

Hmmm, that's interesting... Maybe it was too sweet? Or the honey oxidized too fast producing alcohol? I've heard that alcohol kills vfts when sterilizing them for in-vitro, shouldn't be any different for pullings in peat. Maybe when the honey dried it choked the pulling?

This is interesting!
By Adam
Wow.. now this is interesting.. how much vinegar per cup of water? I don't have lab equipment. I want to try this!
By marvin1997
I want to try this!

Me too! I'd like to know the amount of everything used; sugar, vinegar, & water. Is that the only 3 ingredients?

Pickled Flytrap:First,put 1 liter water in the a container.Then add two teaspoon of sugar.lasty,put some vinegar.Wait for two weeks.Your pickled flytrap is ready to serve.Hahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Nickrober
Pickled Flytrap:First,put 1 liter water in the a container.Then add two teaspoon of sugar.lasty,put some vinegar.Wait for two weeks.Your pickled flytrap is ready to serve.Hahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some vinegar?! So I just throw some random amount of vinegar in and it works like a charm every time? I have a hard time believing that...

8E0D04BE-53A5-45F8-BFA6-12612003AA0A.jpeg D9E88A[…]

65DB3994-A023-4AED-8FD0-6C793E25A6F8.jpeg 730A42[…]

Sneaky Utric

I have a reniformis that has been in my collecti[…]

Ohhh. I love the red flower. The color is really b[…]

can we feed utricularia?

My sandersonii blue grew from a one inch plug to c[…]

It came in!!!!!! Shout out to matt

I also learned a lot about carnivores thanks to yo[…]

Growing Red Hairy Hamata?

Forgot to say, if you are able to get several (...[…]

Those neps look great! I think it may just be g[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!