FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By NatchGreyes
This year, I've managed to collect seed for the following species:

Drosera x beleziana 'EM Pond' - $3
Drosera capillaris 'Jacksonville, FL' (These packets may contain D. brevifolia and/or D. intermedia) - $3
Drosera glanduligera - $3
Drosera intermedia 'EM Pond' - $2.50
Drosera rotundifolia 'EM Pond' - $3

Shipping in a regular envelope with padding is $0.75.

I'm particularly interested to see the outcomes of the D. x beleziana seed. This hybrid sprang up in a pot of D. rotundifolia and D. intermedia which I started from seed. Interestingly, the hybrid appears fertile, as it flowered for the first time this year and saw a good seed set.
Last edited by NatchGreyes on Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
By katya_dog1
I'll take a capensis packet. What would you recommend, D. Intermedia or D. Glandilugera?
katya_dog1 liked this
By David F
I may have beat you to the capensis Katya, when this plant matures I'll let you know.

D. Glandilugera might be hard to maintain long term, but you should give it a try.
David F liked this
By katya_dog1
David F wrote:I may have beat you to the capensis Katya, when this plant matures I'll let you know.
Ah it was you. :lol: I thought that for sure I got to it first, definitely keep me updated!

@Natchgreyes, is it the flower that is pink, or is it the entire plant?
By David F
@Katya, we think it's the pink form which resulted in cross of an alba X all red capensis, which made a large vigorous plant that was pink.

I'll be comparing its growth to typical, red narrow leaf, alba, broad leaf, some giant form, and wide leaf all started from seeds.

I'm still looking for "all red", blainskloof, and other giant forms.
David F liked this
By katya_dog1
:shock: I thought it just meant pink flowers! I am getting All Red from leathaltraps, maybe I can get some alba seeds and try my own crosses. :D
By NatchGreyes
Yep, what David said. I'll grab a shot of all the capensis types that I grow in the morning and share. Since it's winter and they're under lights, they're not as nicely colored as during the summer, but you can still see blushes of color.

-N
NatchGreyes liked this
By tish
David F wrote:@Katya, we think it's the pink form which resulted in cross of an alba X all red capensis, which made a large vigorous plant that was pink.

I'll be comparing its growth to typical, red narrow leaf, alba, broad leaf, some giant form, and wide leaf all started from seeds.

I'm still looking for "all red", blainskloof, and other giant forms.

i got some D capensis Bain's Kloof in my germinating pot. I hope they germinate so i can verify if they are the red ones...
By jwalker
As far as I now bainskloof is not red it's a location and grows a long stem one of the red ones comes from Giftberg
By Cory
jwalker wrote:As far as I now bainskloof is not red it's a location and grows a long stem one of the red ones comes from Giftberg
Bains kloof is not red and indeed a location of growth.
They prefer cooler temps that that of the typical varieties other than that just as easy to grow
By tish
Thanks for the info, I really had no idea on this one, just wanted to try growing them when I saw pictures in growsundews website. I'm not saying it is red but sometimes colors changes in different enviroment due to temperature or too much artifical light.
By David F
Blain's Kloor are not red, however they are pretty interesting.

I'm seeing a similar thing with nearly all of […]

My sundew isn’t eating!

Sadly my leaf cuttings haven’t grown probabl[…]

Drosera germination time

Wow! Thank you very much, everyone!

More additions! Thanks Secretariat73! S. leucophy[…]

Transaction with Secretariat73

I must concur. Despite the best efforts of our dea[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!