FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By bvalente
Looking to get an LED grow light, preferably with atleast a 3x3ft growing area. This is predominantly for my pepper plants I am growing hydroponically :lol: :D

I have 3 2ft 24w 2000 lumen T5HO light figures with bulbs to toss into the deal and lower the price if necessary, if not no worries :D

Let me know your pricing and what you're interested in :D :geek:
By bvalente
:lol: If I don't like it, I will let everyone know

Got it off Amazon. Advanced Platinum Series P150
bvalente liked this
By katya_dog1
:shock: Keep us updated if you like it, definitely! That is in the High-End area of LEDs!
By bvalente
katya_dog1 wrote::shock: Keep us updated if you like it, definitely! That is in the High-End area of LEDs!
Thank you! I am actually in the process of trying to cancel the order now though :oops: The reviews are great but some people have said the growing area isn't the 3x4ft they are advertising and more like 1x2ft, and looking at the light fixture thats probably pretty accurate. So I am checking craigslist and found a local hydroponic shop that is trying to make a name for themselves and is 60$ cheaper called "Kush LED Lighting" I tried finding reviews but it seems relatively new but their documentation seems very profesional so I am going to give them a try once I confirm this order is cancelled. :lol:
By katya_dog1
Yeah, that seems to be mainly the people who grow illegal plants. I see so many reviews on things that say that this T5 light is pathetic and won't grow ANYTHING. When it is one in a sea of good reviews, it probably does not matter, but if there are a lot, yeah, don't go with it. Looking forward to seeing the light you do get!
By bvalente
katya_dog1 wrote:Yeah, that seems to be mainly the people who grow illegal plants. I see so many reviews on things that say that this T5 light is pathetic and won't grow ANYTHING. When it is one in a sea of good reviews, it probably does not matter, but if there are a lot, yeah, don't go with it. Looking forward to seeing the light you do get!
Thanks!! I am pretty interested in seeing how the LED compares to my t5, I am happy with them so far but as far as my research LEDs are so much more efficient. The problem with them tho is their grow area. Peppers as you know tend to bush out as they get bigger so I need a wider grow area, a 1x2ft area is barely enough and I don't want to have to just "get by" I'd like to sneak some of my cps under there too like my sundews who like a long photoperiod since the peppers will be under 18hrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By tish
You need to know the spec at least. Cree led with 5 to 10w each bulb are good i think.

Instead of a wild goose chase... look here to know what to look out for. Dont rush.
By katya_dog1
1 x 2 is kind of bad. Even a 60 dollar UFO LED (which I plan to get) Has a larger growing area. I would not use those hydroponically though.

I really do wonder if CPs need less light in general then lettuce, or leafy greens. Obviously fruiting plants need more light, but you can grow Flytraps under a T8, which in no way would work for lettuce.
By bvalente
LEDs have shown great results with a hydroponic setup for peppers since the entire spectrum they admit is 100% usable light. The only thing I need is a wider growing area because as the plants mature they become bushier, despite pruning. My ideal plan is a 3x3 atleast setup, that way I can sneak some of my Drosera capensis, D. tokaiensis, and D. spatulata under the lights as well.
By katya_dog1
bvalente wrote:LEDs have shown great results with a hydroponic setup for peppers since the entire spectrum they admit is 100% usable light.
Yes, though a guy I talked to didn't think so. :roll: I guess some people just don't think that engineering has such capabilities in that area.
By Sander
katya_dog1 wrote:
bvalente wrote:LEDs have shown great results with a hydroponic setup for peppers since the entire spectrum they admit is 100% usable light.
Yes, though a guy I talked to didn't think so. :roll: I guess some people just don't think that engineering has such capabilities in that area.

There is still a lot of unknowns regarding growlights, most growleds use 450and 660nm only while these are just absorption peaks of chlorophyll A, when ading infared as well, they grow better, so there might be triggers involved which are not in the 440-460 and 650-670 range of most leds used in growleds. Its something to try and learn from at least, but its hard to compare amateur results due to the lack of a PAR meter, but i agree, grow leds are more effective at transferring watts to "plant energy"
Water Lettuce

Water lettuce is very calcium hungry for me, to th[…]

I didn't pollinate any of them. I'll be surprised […]

All Mineral Media

Do people generally buy the 50lb bag of turfac[…]

belloda requests D. capillaris (Butler Co., AL), […]

Another eBay Deal

Wow. Thats seems like a really good deal.

Expanding the Garden

It was a bunch of pepper plants mainly, along with[…]

What’s happening

It looks to be planted too deep. You want the rhiz[…]

Thank you for the seeds and the little gift Cant w[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!