FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Talk about anything you want in this forum.

Moderator: Matt

By entropy81
Those are not VFT seeds pictured for certain. What bothers me though is he has 337,000 feedback and it's 98.8% positive. Normally I would trust that kind of feedback rating to not be a scammer. But I looked at the other items he's selling and it's all electronics and gadgets. Maybe he doesn't know he's mislabeling them.

I've bought seeds on ebay and done alright, but I bought them from sellers that were selling plants and plant seeds with high feedback. But this guy is selling all knickknacks flashlights and cellphone cases with just a few seed listings, probably doesn't know what he's doing. Check out this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-Purple-Pi ... 5669761e20

The listing says purpurea, the picture is of a Nepenthes, and the seeds pictured don't look like either.
By Mufasa
i actually sent a message to the above sarra seller warning them about it, guess i have to report it to ebay
By IHaveNoIdea
Well at least they display the seeds. But of course people who don't know how the right seeds look like would by them anyways.
By Grey
I would advise politely contacting the sellers or reporting these listings. I had a look through the report system on eBay and it's a little confusing, but a possible route to follow is this:

> Go to the listing and choose "Report Item"
> Select "Listing Practices" as your report category
> Then choose "Search and browse manipulation"
> For detailed reason select "Misleading title"
> Then just put in that the seeds are not what they seem

It may be somewhat of a long shot, and you can't guarantee that it'll have an impact but it's worth a try. I feel I should note that while a seller should know what it is they are selling, it's possible (however unlikely it may seem) that the sellers themselves may be unaware that the seeds are not what they are listing them as. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
Grey, Grey liked this
By IHaveNoIdea
Look at posts above. The seller may not know, that he actually sells a crap. I think that Greys solution is the only possible, but I doubt it will change something anyway. The quantity of products is enormous and nobody will pay much attention to our complaints as there is really few of us.
By Mufasa
just a thought, since they are only $1 each, we should all buy a packet, then leave negative reviews and ask for refunds until they remove it xD
By IHaveNoIdea
Suuuure, do you think that it is actually posibble to get any refunds from China..? :D
They displayed the seeds so they would say you, that you are stupid to buy them, if you know that they are not the legit seeds.
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!