FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about anything related to Venus Flytraps, cultivars and named clones

Moderator: Matt

By SundewWolf
I'm propagating as fast as I can lol.

Because half of my VFTs are deteriorating due to what I think is fungal/bacterial rot, I'm keeping all my "MD buttcheeks" until the problem gets solved. I would hate to sell/trade all my "md buttcheeks" and have my own die and be left with nothing!
By Goodkoalie
SundewWolf wrote:I'm propagating as fast as I can lol.

Because half of my VFTs are deteriorating due to what I think is fungal/bacterial rot, I'm keeping all my "MD buttcheeks" until the problem gets solved. I would hate to sell/trade all my "md buttcheeks" and have my own die and be left with nothing!
I am sure if yours dies, then a decent person will either send you a division, leaf pulling, or even the plant back. What if all of you "MD buttcheeks" get infected and they all die?
By SundewWolf
Goodkoalie wrote:
SundewWolf wrote:I'm propagating as fast as I can lol.

Because half of my VFTs are deteriorating due to what I think is fungal/bacterial rot, I'm keeping all my "MD buttcheeks" until the problem gets solved. I would hate to sell/trade all my "MD buttcheeks" and have my own die and be left with nothing!
I am sure if yours dies, then a decent person will either send you a division, leaf pulling, or even the plant back. What if all of you "MD buttcheeks" get infected and they all die?
Well, if mine dies, There is one other MD Buttcheeks owner (Winner from my ebay auction) so he probably has a healthy plant. However he paid for it so a free division would most likely be out of the question lol.

The division in the picture was also separated months ago so it should not be infected with whatever is happening to my other VFTS.

Although I guess the answer is obvious lol. If they all die the cultivar is gone, but I highly doubt it will get to that point. There is no sign of deterioration on any MD Buttcheeks in my possession, and this cultivar has proved to be a survivor before. I also have started fungicide treatment so by the end off next week hopefully I will see no further deterioration and new growth.
By SundewWolf
Current pics of "MD buttcheeks" getting saturated with color under my growlights!
Attachments:
DSCN3458.JPG
DSCN3458.JPG (518.79 KiB) Viewed 7356 times
DSCN3457.JPG
DSCN3457.JPG (740.47 KiB) Viewed 7356 times
DSCN3456.JPG
DSCN3456.JPG (340.56 KiB) Viewed 7356 times
SundewWolf liked this
By Mufasa
haha nice, perhaps it's in shock of some sort, so the traps dont work? might recover later on.. or maybe the traps just have already been triggered, from what i've seen in videos, these types of traps barely move when triggered, so it could just be in the triggered state

edit just realised this thread is super old, my post is dumb :P
Last edited by Mufasa on Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Matt
Branmuffin wrote:I need some butt cheeks in my life, when will this be hitting the US store?
It will be available this spring. I need to create the product entry, but if you want one now, send us an email at sales@flytrapcare.com and we can arrange to get one to you.
By SundewWolf
Engimal wrote:Man, how have I not seen this before. This is so cool.
It's not really something that's too popular. With 5 other hobbies that eat my time it was not really feasible for me to produce a bunch of divisions, especially naturally. I almost lost my own due to a spider mite outbreak during the fall, and I started emailing people if they could replace my own cultivar.
Attachments:
IMG_1029.JPG
IMG_1029.JPG (80.71 KiB) Viewed 6681 times
By Branmuffin
SundewWolf wrote:
Engimal wrote:Man, how have I not seen this before. This is so cool.
It's not really something that's too popular. With 5 other hobbies that eat my time it was not really feasible for me to produce a bunch of divisions, especially naturally. I almost lost my own due to a spider mite outbreak during the fall, and I started emailing people if they could replace my own cultivar.
I would think it hasn't been popular because people don't know it exists! Once Matt gets it up in his store it will sell, it's a neat plant, there's 1000's of cultivars, but there's only a few that I have seen with this mutation and it's deffinately cool.
Transaction with Secretariat73

I purchased five varieties of Sarracenia from Secr[…]

Drosera germination time

Oh, and the Twister II seeds are in this germinati[…]

So far, not less than five days apart. Humidity va[…]

Argh! Just 4 days left in the photo contest and we[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

My Sarracenia x moorei 'Red Velvet' is turning out[…]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!