FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Photos of carnivorous plants other than the Venus Flytrap

Moderator: Matt

By bannister
This will be my official photo thread. (Date, camera noted):

"The Seven Wonders". My favorite seven select choices from each species. (10-03-2014, iPhone 5S)

A couple of Pinguiculas, a 'Pirouette' and laueana. (10-03-2014, iPhone 5S)

Attempts at Drosera capensis "All Red" leaf cuttings. Out of 6 leaves, 5 produced successful clones. (10-03-2014, iPhone 5S)

Just noticed a spike on my Phalaenopsis orchid! So exciting! It's my first one! (10-06-2014, iPhone 5S)
Last edited by bannister on Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
By LAKJP
I like how you top-dress some plants with live sphagnum! The red species looks especially good! :D
By kcbugs
I love the live sphagnum too! Is it difficult to keep alive as a top dressing? I recently bought some, and am keeping it in a clear plastic food container. When I take a little out and put it on some wet LFSM, it just shrivels up.

Great photos!
By bannister
kcbugs wrote:I love the live sphagnum too! Is it difficult to keep alive as a top dressing? I recently bought some, and am keeping it in a clear plastic food container. When I take a little out and put it on some wet LFSM, it just shrivels up.

Great photos!
It's really not difficult at all. I just spray them once in the morning and once at night.
I am going to do a sale soon on the red sphagnum since they are overtaking my plants.
bannister liked this
By bannister
kcbugs wrote:How much do you spray them? Quick spritz or soak 'em? I may have to get some red from you!
A quick spray will do, just enough to keep the top moist until the next soaking. Any extra water goes down into the soil for the actual plants themselves. This prevents me from over-watering.
Also, they are indoors so I don't have to worry about the sun drying them out.

I also have dishes of sphagnum, which are just on a substrate that gets flooded with distilled water weekly.
bannister liked this

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

I got you. Order received. Your order number is 1[…]

Hello everyone! I am a new flytrap owner and purc[…]

I think I could achieve something similar wi[…]

Not what you would expect...

There are no mounds of moss in the picture. There[…]

Damn, I think one of the sundews rotted away. No i[…]

I use a Govee and I love it. It connects via app o[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!