FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Places to buy Venus Flytraps and other carnivorous plants.

Moderator: Matt

By xr280xr
bigpurp57 wrote:You should have read the threads about that place from last year...CHECK THE THREADS MATT!
Do you know this thread is from 2011?
By MNCarnivores216
Please Stop Making negatives reply to Petflytrap.com it'll just get more negative. Read this below, before I order a Nepenthes Truncata this is what a emailed and got a reply 1 day later from Michael.

ME
To orders@petflytrap.com
Oct 13 at 3:26 PM
Hello

I've heard lots of negative reviews from other people and this is my first time ordering from here too. Hopefully it goes well. And this Nepenthes Truncata is suppose to be a present too. And my postal code is 55103 not 55113. Fix it please.

Ken

Michael

Hello Ken, and thank you for your honest statement. It’s unfortunate, but in today’s negative-oriented society, it seems that everyone makes sure and says something when they are dissatisfied about something (whether they are right or wrong); but very few people take the time to express any other views…especially just to say they have seen others’ comments. Thank you taking the time! J

We also have had some issues with one of our competitors who we feel has had some cronies (probably young kids who don’t realize the damage they cause) post very negative things. We tried to deal with one such problem a couple of years ago, and finally decided it just wasn’t worth all the senseless banter, when it was obviously not going to resolve anything. I hope you find your experience with PetFlyTrap.com satisfactory…we process hundreds of orders monthly, and have the most diverse online selection of carnivorous plants in the nation.

As for your specific plant, I took the time to personally inspect it, and the plant is definitely oversized (we usually categorize everything up to 6 inches in diameter as a Medium; but this one is well over that diameter). It has one brand new pitcher on it, as well as a couple of others that have started to die back (as is usual for these wonderful plants). The two older pitchers were trimmed to remove the dead portions, but I’m sure you will have plenty more leaves and pitchers as time goes on! J

Oh, and the automated USPS.com system changed the ZIP code for you before I had a chance to do so.

Thank you once again for your order, for trusting us with your business, and for taking the time to write us. I look forward to hearing from you once you receive your order.

Regards,

Mike Howlett
PetFlyTrap.com

Stop Trashing him with you words!!!! PLEASE!
By xr280xr
I can see your point. I would encourage people not to go bashing them based on conjecture without a first-hand experience. But petflytrap has created quite a bad reputation amongst first-hand customers in the past. I'm glad you had a good experience there and posted about it. Should petflytrap turn over a new leaf, so to speak, continued positive reviews is how people will find out.
It’s unfortunate, but in today’s negative-oriented society, it seems that everyone makes sure and says something when they are dissatisfied about something (whether they are right or wrong); but very few people take the time to express any other views
I would believe less people take the time to express views other than negative, but I disagree with "very few"I read lots and lots of positive reviews for products all over the internet. People leave positive comments, raving reviews, and thank yous around here all the time.

And for the record, Matt's original post here (from 2011) wasn't trashing petflytrap either. He stated his expectations, showed what he got and said he was disappointed. Each reader can decide for themselves if his expectations were too high or if his assessment of the plants was off base.

Sorry for reviving this thread. I was just curious about the g14...
By Matt
xr280xr wrote:I can see your point. I would encourage people not to go bashing them based on conjecture without a first-hand experience. But petflytrap has created quite a bad reputation amongst first-hand customers in the past.
Couldn't say it any better!
xr280xr wrote:I would believe less people take the time to express views other than negative, but I disagree with "very few"I read lots and lots of positive reviews for products all over the internet. People leave positive comments, raving reviews, and thank yous around here all the time.
No doubt! We receive far more "thank yous", positive reviews and really nice emails from customers than we do any sort of negative feedback. There is the occasional customer who is unhappy with their FlytrapStore order experience, but those are exceptionally few and far between. Given the vast number of people who have had a negative experience with PetFlytrap.com, it would lead me to believe that there is something lacking in their products and customer service. But there hasn't been any feedback as of late, so perhaps Mike has made some changes to the way he runs things over there.
By katya_dog1
OH, am I glad I read this! I was going to order a g14 from them! I wonder if their Nepenthes and sundews are better?
By Benurmanii
NECRO'd *zapping noises*

It's sort of a bummer to read this. I was looking into purchasing a D. burmannii (I love them, hense my name, which is acutally missing an n, whoops :P) from there as it was the only place where I can seem find one. Anyone know a different place where I can find one?
By katya_dog1
Benurmanii wrote: Anyone know a different place where I can find one?
Yep. Just about anywhere. You can find people with Burmanii seeds on any forum, most likely. For plants, just search "Drosera Burmanii for sale" on the internet. I'm sure you'll be able to find some on Fleabay.
By jevon
All of my experiences from here have been good however I have mainly been buying from them since I can usually go and pick my plants out personally since I live about thirty minutes from them. Also it seems like they may not have been the best store a few years ago but they must have made the necessary changes to start selling healthier plants.
By Earthy
now, I'm not defending anyone or saying anyone is wrong (because I've never ordered from there so I don't have first-hand experience) but companies can change. I've read a ton of bad reviews about Cooks, but I'm very happy with my order from there recently. my Pings are healthy (now I've just gotta keep them alive lol). so maybe PetFlytrap have changed their growing and care practices :)
By Matt
HeliamphoraWalnut wrote:Petflytrap has changed
They held my order because the weather was bad, he personally emailed me about my order , and the plants were superb! I posted pics in the tropical pitcher plant section, nepenthes spathulata x spectabilis giant.
This review is quite old now and was only about a couple of Venus flytraps, not Nepenthes. I've read a few good things about their Nepenthes now, especially recently, but still nothing positive about their flytraps.
Drosera germination time

I got the burmannii seeds a bit before you did, […]

Hello, New to the forum

And if the deer runs, be sure to track it down. A […]

A greenhouse or a greenhouse terrarium? They do we[…]

Update: I backed off on the watering frequency and[…]

Counting to infinity.

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!