FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions about fluorescent, LED and other types of grow lighting for Venus Flytraps and other plants

Moderator: Matt

By kcbugs
katya_dog1 wrote:Oh, nice. Mine are a year old and first germination was at 14 days. Do post the pictures, I am looking forward to seeing them! ;)
As promised:

I'll just show all the pics with no captions. First is overall look at the tray, after that, I'll go cell by cell (The plan was 3 seeds per cell). I've got a lot of beautiful reds!! Enjoy!

OK, I'll caption this one. Matt's Red Mix:

My favorite red:

Another nice one:

And my favorite seed growns from Matt:
By kcbugs
MrsMuscipula wrote:Your adult seed-growns are beautiful! How old are they? Looks like some nice bristle-tooth characteristics on those traps!
They're not quite adults yet, but I'm guessing young adult next year. I don't know how old they are, I bought them as 5 small plants from Matt early this spring. They are quite stunning! And yes, they look like Bristle Tooth or Saw Tooth. They've held their color really well, both under lights, and outside.
By katya_dog1
WOW. Those pictures are very nice! Lots of reds! And those seed growns from Matt are STUNNING! I have always been a fan of red sawtooths, but those really are fantastic! I hope my seeds turn out half as good.
By katya_dog1
And really, looking at those pictures, it seems to me that those plants you've got in there are better than sawtooth, mainly because they are red. Seed growns seem to be better deals than I thought! When Matt grows them, they aren't all typicals, are they? ;)
By kcbugs
Thanks Matt, but I owe you the thanks! You've provided great plants, seeds and info. I'm now most stressed about the quickly approaching dormancy...

katya_dog1, I agree, the color in those plants are incredible!! They are quite vigorous growers, too, hopefully, I'll have some divisions next year.
By katya_dog1
Yes, also, even though you have a lot, you might try feeding them and see if they grow faster. Use fish food.
Is This What To Look For?

Thank you. So as long as I know where the names ca[…]

https://i.imgur.com/iSo5l71.jpeg https://i.imgu[…]

Unknown pest?

Those little bugs sound like they could be springt[…]

Thoughts on Predatory Plants

i have a 10 or so neps. i got from them, always he[…]

Anyone had experience with these cultivars? Venus[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

Let me put a couple things together and I will pos[…]

So I thought I would enter my 3 sticky guys that I[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Without pics of the location of the trigger hairs […]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!