FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discussions on how to propagate your plants sexually and asexually, by seed, natural division or leaf pulling

Moderator: Matt

By Siannuro
marvin1997 wrote:What about honey as root-hormone?
We should call this "Natural Tissue Culture" cause everything is pretty much natural.

Anyways, if you add honey, would you have to use less sugar?
By marvin1997
I did try once dabbing it in honey then do it same as normal....put it in the medium.It did grow a bud but it died dunno what happened :?:
By Siannuro
marvin1997 wrote:I did try once dabbing it in honey then do it same as normal....put it in the medium.It did grow a bud but it died dunno what happened :?:
Hmmm, that's interesting... Maybe it was too sweet? Or the honey oxidized too fast producing alcohol? I've heard that alcohol kills vfts when sterilizing them for in-vitro, shouldn't be any different for pullings in peat. Maybe when the honey dried it choked the pulling?

This is interesting!
By Adam
Wow.. now this is interesting.. how much vinegar per cup of water? I don't have lab equipment. I want to try this!
By Nickrober
Adam wrote:I want to try this!
Me too! I'd like to know the amount of everything used; sugar, vinegar, & water. Is that the only 3 ingredients?
By marvin1997
Nickrober wrote:
Adam wrote:I want to try this!
Me too! I'd like to know the amount of everything used; sugar, vinegar, & water. Is that the only 3 ingredients?
Pickled Flytrap:First,put 1 liter water in the a container.Then add two teaspoon of sugar.lasty,put some vinegar.Wait for two weeks.Your pickled flytrap is ready to serve.Hahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:
By Nickrober
marvin1997 wrote:Pickled Flytrap:First,put 1 liter water in the a container.Then add two teaspoon of sugar.lasty,put some vinegar.Wait for two weeks.Your pickled flytrap is ready to serve.Hahahahahahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some vinegar?! So I just throw some random amount of vinegar in and it works like a charm every time? I have a hard time believing that...
Drosera germination time

I got the burmannii seeds a bit before you did, an[…]

Update: I backed off on the watering frequency and[…]

Counting to infinity.

assuming they have enough light and water, are gre[…]

My sundew isn’t eating!

How about your leaf cuttings? Did you get any pla[…]

Hello, New to the forum

Archery is silent, just sayin'. A well flung arrow[…]

Canadian Carnivores

If there are any Canadians here, I had a good expe[…]

I believe Floramite works on contact so if it wa[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!