FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Ask questions about how to grow and care for Venus Flytraps

Moderator: Matt

By malika621
So... Exactly nineteen days ago I replanted my VTFS and sarracenia in a big bog container... And today when I looked at this guy (who had been doing very well) I noticed the black sides and a deformed trap that hasn't opened yet. All of the other growth looks fine!

Just to answer your questions.... Ninteen days ago I moved them from four hours of sun to, like, seven in a new container. The first week they were under little umbrellas that allowed super bright shade and a bit of full sun. After that I took the umbrellas away. I use rain water and top water. The soil is part washed perlite, peat moss, and 'pool sand'. When I went back and looked at the bags of silica sand I used one said it may contain silica sand... Not that it does. The Aquabright says that it is 100% silica, but the other that I was just talking about, Quickcrete, is the one I'm unsure of. I didn't buy that sand... My father did... And I'm thinking that, if this is mineral burn, that would be the cause. Any ideas...? I don't think it's just burn from the sun because it's been in full sun for, like, a week. Some of the days were cloudy, but there were definitely some days of full sun. . . Ah! And I also just started feeding them freeze dried blood worms. Anyway. . . Here are the pictures:

Thanks everybody for all your advices and giving m[…]

N. Albomarginata red SG

I have found neps to be slow, especially when they[…]

Repotting carnivorous plants

@andynorth , You can send me the info sure, thank[…]

Effects of Fertilizer

Here we have a volunteer who is sharing their flyt[…]

Dionaea m. ‘Ginormous’

This is the best I can offer since I do not grow i[…]

You should post one in the photo contest. I would […]

Along with that ^^^^, something I had heard to m[…]

Order received. Your order number is 1644. I'll PM[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!