FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Post here to sell, trade or list your wants if you live in the US

Moderator: Matt

By matt lasz
Hi guys new member here !

I have a very urgent question for everyone.

I wanted to know if there were any nepenthes growers that happen to have a Nepenthes Rajah or Sibuyanensis plant ?

I have been desperately searching the web for any nurseries that might have them but no luck :/

I am also on very tight budget. So it would be great if there was someone that is willing to send me some free cuttings.

I live in Los Angeles , CA

I really would appreciate it ! And it would make my day !

I love both of these plants for their unique shape and would love to have them in my collection.

which is small right now with only a n sanguinea and ventricosa …

So please if you can help me with some free cuttings of these plants please contact me or pm me :)

thank you !
By matt lasz
Hello

just wanted to know if there was anyone that has a nepenthes sibuyanensis that could send me a free cutting or if you have extra.

It is my favorite nepenthes and I would really appreciate it !

thanks
By matt lasz
Hi

I am looking to expand my small collection of nepenthes.

I am on a really tight budget and was wondering if anyone had any free nepenthes seeds ?

I am currently looking for :

n sibuyanensis

n rajah

if anyone has any free seeds or cuttings of any of these plants please reply or pm me

I would really appreciate it !

thank you
By LSauce
Both of those plants, especially Rajah, are pretty rare in cultivation. I would say stick with some easier plants until you are very confident. Rajah, maybe even sibuyunensis as well, prefer very cool conditions, which means that it grows vveerryy sslloowwllyy. So from seed, I would say it would have to be over a decade until you actually see a mature pitcher. And seeds of both of those species would doubtfully just be given away, due to their rarity. If I had to recommend something similar to Rajah, I would definitely say Rajah x Mira is your best bet. They are much more tolerant of a wider range of conditions, grow faster, and are becoming quite common. Although they might not be the cheapes plants out there, they are cheaper and easier than rajah. I haven't seen a sibuyunensis out there for a while either. Anyways, good luck,
—LSauce
Not what you would expect...

ant hill? No, He hates ants. But I am pretty sur[…]

Sarracenia ID

They're either leucophylla or x moorei (flava x l[…]

I will need to check out our local TJ's. Normally […]

Order received. Your order number is 1642. I'll PM[…]

Rescue Sarracenia Rosea?

This was the shipment that arrived while I was the[…]

What’s happening

It was rot Im not sure if it was root rot or crown[…]

Congrats on being a new flytrap owner! The trap wi[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!