FlytrapCare Carnivorous Plant Forums

Sponsored by FlytrapStore.com

Discuss Drosera, Byblis, and Drosophyllum plant care here

Moderator: Matt

By fattytuna
I haven't researched this at all so most of this is just guessing, but I would think that it's due to them being in virtually the same conditions. I've observed that some Drosera flowers seem to open differently depending on either light or temperature. On cloudy days, the flowers may not open completely. On sunny days, the flowers will fully open and for a longer period of time. Also, the flowers open earlier in summer than in winter (a factor of photoperiod?.
Anyway, I think that the flowers opening is triggered by light or temperature. So if several plants are in virtually the same conditions, they may be exposed to an identical amount of light and heat at the same time, thus stimulating simultaneous flower opening.
By roarke
fattytuna wrote:I haven't researched this at all so most of this is just guessing, but I would think that it's due to them being in virtually the same conditions. I've observed that some Drosera flowers seem to open differently depending on either light or temperature. On cloudy days, the flowers may not open completely. On sunny days, the flowers will fully open and for a longer period of time. Also, the flowers open earlier in summer than in winter (a factor of photoperiod?.
Anyway, I think that the flowers opening is triggered by light or temperature. So if several plants are in virtually the same conditions, they may be exposed to an identical amount of light and heat at the same time, thus stimulating simultaneous flower opening.
But what about making one by one/the same time, on the same type of a drosera species, but on 2/more plants, for stem development ? Can i quote you in my blog ?
Repotting carnivorous plants

I repotted my new young carnivorous plants (see im[…]

Brushes For Pollination

Yep, I use cotton buds too, I find it easier to di[…]

Hey there, welcome to the forums! If you have a[…]

Fishing

I'm in for a few bucks or so of the cultivars. I h[…]

It's all good, just funnin'. SASE received. Order[…]

SASE received. Order is fulfilled. Return envelope[…]

1 year old cape!

Update on the plant in the first post. It has for[…]

Support the community - Shop at FlytrapStore.com!